Jon Robinson interview

headhunter

Just now, headhunter said:

Backup QB position isnt why I posted the article. Move on.

But upgrading the backup position is 100% a necessity that JRob needs to take care of, unless he for some reason attempts to upgrade the starter instead

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The funny thing is that eliminating all of this won't help because most of his injuries occur during boring old plays from the pocket. Investing in a line that can handle a basic TE stunt on the other

True.  If you ask him what he is planning on having for lunch his answer would probably be "Lunch is an important meal.  I'll take a look at the menu and really weigh my options."

I mean he helped win us a couple games and is better than what we had in  Matt Cassell. Its about all you can ask for in a backup QB. 

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

But upgrading the backup position is 100% a necessity that JRob needs to take care of, unless he for some reason attempts to upgrade the starter instead

You have a starting qb problem when you worry about the backup so much. 

2 minutes ago, big2033 said:

The better you want your backup to be, the more problems you have with the starter.

Or the more realistic you are with your QB (aka problems)... You may as well just attack Mariota's durability head on and deal with the backup position

Edited by wiscotitansfan

9 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Or the more realistic you are with your QB (aka problems)... You may as well just attack Mariota's durability head on and deal with the backup position

Then lets find a better starter and let them fight it out. I don't want to invest heavily in a guy planning to hold a clipboard.

Or ride with Mariota.

Edited by big2033

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

Then lets find a better starter and let them fight it out. I don't want to invest heavily in a guy planning to hold a clipboard.

Got it. So you are content just with the backup situation this year and see how Mariota pans out and hope he doesn't get injured, no shame in saying that... Either way "finding a better starter" involves some very very large investment this year in a guy holding a clipboard.

I'm in a different boat and think we should invest a high mid-round pick in the position just because and then if Mariota gets injured again we see what he has OR Mariota stays healthy and a 3rd round pick is the least of our worries OR mariota fails and we draft a QB very high and we have a hopeful RGIII/Cousins situation in 2 years where there's 2 potential good guys.

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Lets not turn this into a QB debate. Or even backup QB debate. Its a waste of time at this point. 

I'm good with that then. Was just debating with you that Gabbert is far from "all you can ask for" in a backup

The division is too competitive. Cant afford to have 4-6 games a year with a backup QB that isn't capable. Finding a backup QB is a must for at least this season. Mariota cant be relied on to play a full season.