Sign in to follow this  
headhunter

Jon Robinson interview

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Is it possible though that taking the extra hits on plays such as blocking an opponent or running into a linebacker instead of sliding make him more prone to injuring himself on one of those basic pocket plays?

Doubtful, I highly doubt that quantity of hits actually contributes to "real" injuries in terms of death by a 1000 cuts... It just increases the probability of one happening

Edited by wiscotitansfan

BudAdams   
10 minutes ago, scine09 said:

How about "STOP RUNNING INTO LINEBACKERS, BLOCKING OPPONENTS AND TRYING TO MAKE TACKLES OFF AN INT!  AND IF IN TROUBLE THROW THE BALL AWAY OR SLIDE!"

That's a start.

I would imagine that the FO and coaches get frustrated with MM doing that on the fly given his durability issues.  RGIII had similar problems early on and kept on getting hurt too.

Working on his in-game football intelligence - when to run, when to slide, when to throw it away - is desperately needed as it's a weak part of his game IMO.

tgo   
Just now, Titans279 said:

This is literally what they said about Mike Mularkey after he beat the Chiefs. Titans owner: Mike Mularkey 'is our head coach and will be our head coach moving forward'

Of course they fired him a week later. Titans fire coach Mike Mularkey after playoff win

That was a pretty different circumstance. I think they thought Mularkey would be open to staff changes and not to make an ass of them in his press conference. 

tgo   
Just now, scine09 said:

I heard the conversation and didn't think that Robinson was all that committal myself.

Robinson is never committal about anything. 

Mythos27   
7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Is it possible though that taking the extra hits on plays such as blocking an opponent or running into a linebacker instead of sliding make him more prone to injuring himself on one of those basic pocket plays?

I mean, I suppose it's possible but I certainly wouldn't consider it likely. The types of injuries Mariota has had aren't necessarily "wear and tear" type injuries but rather those sustained during a singular event/play. Even if we broaden the conversation to include a league-wide focus I think you'll find that the overwhelming majority of QB injuries happen in the pocket. It's not often discussed but the pocket can be one of the most dangerous places on the field. 

Just sayin'. 

I think it's likely that in a year it's no longer the Marcus Mariota era in Tennessee.

There's a lot of denial that's even a possibility.

Edited by Titans279

Mythos27   
Just now, Jonboy said:

Just gonna have to sit back and let Robinson work. Words don’t always line up with actions. 

But I’m really starting to disagree with him on several issues with the team (Cyprien, Kline, etc.). 

It's a weird feeling to strongly disagree with someone that you trust and is wildly more qualified than you isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Just gonna have to sit back and let Robinson work. Words don’t always line up with actions. 

But I’m really starting to disagree with him on several issues with the team (Cyprien, Kline, etc.). 

If we trade down in this years draft for '20 draft picks though I think that spells trouble for Mariota

Yeah me too, I watched Kline exclusively and he sucks. I dont see what he sees. Cyp might help in the run game where we need help

Edited by headhunter

scine09   
3 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Just sayin'. 

I think it's likely that in a year it's no longer the Marcus Mariota era in Tennessee.

There's a lot of denial that's even a possibility.

That's all up to Mariota and whether he can stay healthy and play well.

cenj   
3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Yeah me too, I watched Kline exclusively and he sucks. I dont see what he sees. Cyp might help in the run game where we need help

The worry is that JRob has too much ego to admit a mistake and cut dead weight. JRob signed Kline to a big contract, so he'd have to admit the screw up if he moved on from Kline.

It's a big problem to me. GMs who saddle teams with bad players because they won't admit mistakes don't make it longterm. I'm hoping JRob is right here, but the shine has definitely come off many of his decisions.