Jon Robinson interview

headhunter

Just now, JoelinBellevue said:

No, and if you bothered to read the thread you wouldnt appear so stupid. I asked Japan if he thought Mariota could have beat the Colts and he said yes. I was responding to him.  MYOB.

Correction:  I said we would have had a chance.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The funny thing is that eliminating all of this won't help because most of his injuries occur during boring old plays from the pocket. Investing in a line that can handle a basic TE stunt on the other

True.  If you ask him what he is planning on having for lunch his answer would probably be "Lunch is an important meal.  I'll take a look at the menu and really weigh my options."

I mean he helped win us a couple games and is better than what we had in  Matt Cassell. Its about all you can ask for in a backup QB. 

28 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Not everything is on Mariota but some of it absolutely is. 

Of course, and I have no problem with that.

But there's a faction here that promotes the narrative that Marcus is responsible for everything that has gone wrong.

That Mulakey and Lafleur were "saddled" with Mariota, and that's as much bullshit as anything else.

That's why I've recently shifted to calling for trading him.

Go ahead and do so and let's see where the Titans land when the dust settles.

Maybe they can get the QB they need with their top 3 or top 5 pick.

And start over, like it's 2015 again.

Maybe they won't make a complete dog's dinner of it next time by trying to get him killed too.

16 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

The thread wasn't even about that. It was about how @woolfolksunclesuncle got abducted and experimented on by aliens. It's why he is the way he is.

True! After the anal probe (best night of my life), I attempt to flag down anything in the sky or any people that remotely resemble aliens...

5 hours ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Of course, and I have no problem with that.

But there's a faction here that promotes the narrative that Marcus is responsible for everything that has gone wrong.

That Mulakey and Lafleur were "saddled" with Mariota, and that's as much bullshit as anything else.

That's why I've recently shifted to calling for trading him.

Go ahead and do so and let's see where the Titans land when the dust settles.

Maybe they can get the QB they need with their top 3 or top 5 pick.

And start over, like it's 2015 again.

Maybe they won't make a complete dog's dinner of it next time by trying to get him killed too.

If you listen to Robinson, he left little doubt that they see him as the guy if he can stay healthy.  He has all the leverage in negotiations by virtue of his position.  Barring another major injury next year, I think they give him the extension.  If he gets hurt again (And by hurt, I mean forced to miss multiple games or struggles to be effective because of injuries), I think they likely move on.

Edited by Justafan

4 minutes ago, Justafan said:

If you listen to Robinson, he left little doubt that they see him as the guy if he can stay healthy.  He has all the leverage in negotiations by virtue of his position.  Barring another major injury next year, I think they give him the extension.  If he gets hurt again (And by hurt, I mean forced to miss multiple games or struggles to be effective because of injuries), I think they likely move on.

Especially with the class of QBs next year. It’ll be a big factor.

I can see us moving down this year for capital next in case Mariota fucks up

1 minute ago, TheBukafax said:

Especially with the class of QBs next year. It’ll be a big factor.

I can see us moving down this year for capital next in case Mariota fucks up

People predicting them to take a 1st or 2nd round QB are out of their minds.  Same thing with bringing in Flacco.  Neither of those scenarios is happening.

1 hour ago, Justafan said:

And either one of those scenarios, the extension or the moving on, is preferable to this latest round of shit.

Edited by TitanDuckFan

6 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Mariota has missed plenty of throws himself.  Even on one of the examples, Taylor had to fully extend to get his hands on it and it popped out when he hit the ground.  Throw it about a foot closer and he likely catches it cleanly.  But that's nitpicky and happens all of the time.  What about Taylor being wide open in the Jets game and Marcus missing him by 5 yards?  Or throwing an awful pick in the red zone in a 1 point loss to the Chargers?  Or the failed 2 point conversion pass in the same game?

It's not all on Mariota but some of it absolutely is. 

Marcus definitely overthrew Taylor badly on the 1st bomb. The good thing is (not that misses are ever good) is he almost never misses short on deep balls. Almost every bad deep thrower releases too late, they wait for the WR to get open, while the best ones release when the WR pulls even. Mariota does have a good feel for the long ball. Then again VY & Volek did as well.

And I agree about the 28 yarder to Taylor on Opening Day, that's a real reach to criticize Taylor. He fully laid out for it with the safety I believe in good position. It was a good shot to take, Marcus laid it out nicely & Taylor completely stretched out for it, it would've been a borderline great catch.