Jon Robinson interview

headhunter

3 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

How many missed the part in both interviews where JRob talked about how a handful of missed plays cost them a couple of games that ended up hurting them in the final tally?

I'll bet JRob can tell you exactly how many game changing drops came out of the Titan's WR room.

Oh you think it's just drops? OK ... 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The funny thing is that eliminating all of this won't help because most of his injuries occur during boring old plays from the pocket. Investing in a line that can handle a basic TE stunt on the other

True.  If you ask him what he is planning on having for lunch his answer would probably be "Lunch is an important meal.  I'll take a look at the menu and really weigh my options."

I mean he helped win us a couple games and is better than what we had in  Matt Cassell. Its about all you can ask for in a backup QB. 

3 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

How many missed the part in both interviews where JRob talked about how a handful of missed plays cost them a couple of games that ended up hurting them in the final tally?

I'll bet JRob can tell you exactly how many game changing drops came out of the Titan's WR room.

How many came out of the Titans QB room? Without even digging I can tell you the Chargers game is one of them on the 2 pt conversion that sailed

Of course individual plays are game changers, but JRob's an idiot if he harps on and makes massive decisions based on an individual play. Cutting the guy who "lost" us whatever game it was, is not a real decision to be made. It didn't mean anything, he was like the 5th WR.

6 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Oh you think it's just drops? OK ... 

Titans were 19th in the NFL in drops (albeit, obviously at a higher percentage than that though), I just looked the other day when I saw how the offense was the least aggresive in the NFL... Someone would be an idiot to make a massive roster decision based on the timing of a drop

Edited by wiscotitansfan

25 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Over his various interviews it was pretty clear Kline/Conklin feature heavily in their plans next year, so it probably ends up as most feared that Spain will be the only guy replaced.

In his interview with Jim Wyatt, JRob talked about the "youth" in the WR room, "With that position group, it is a young position group and we’ll see what’s available out there."

Would think a veteran WR is going to be right near the top of FA needs.

Well, Jones needs to be upgrade and JRob hasn't said anything yet about him.

52 minutes ago, japan said:

I think there is a chance.

Same here, In the third quarter we had the score 24-17.  With the way our defense was making momentum changing plays i think we got 2 big turnovers. That plus a one possession game going into the 4th quarter.....

I personally think with Mariota there was a chance we could've won.

Not sure which thread I should post this thought in, but here goes here. 

I have seen a consistent complaint that Mariota needs to "step up in the pocket".  It seems to me that there is seldom a pocket into which to step up.  All three of the interior o-line consistently get pushed straight back into the 'pocket' area. 

Mariota seems to almist always be trying to locate an open area in which to search for WRs in their routes.  This affects his feet placement and too often causes him to "hold the ball too long" while he is searching the projected routes for a safe throw (or even an unsafe one).  Whatever separation a receiver gains through a cut or a fake can easily be negated as the QB has to delay to find an open seam through or over the DL backing our inferior interior back and back.

Jones and Kline are not physically strong enough, and Spain is unsure what to do so often.

All three need to be replaced ... or at least two of the three.  Kline and Jones might be decent as backup.  Not as starters.  It would be an improvement if Spain could gain a much better decision-making understanding of blocking schemes and adjustments.  DK if that is possible, but he will have a full off-season to improve.  With him it's the mental not the physical.  JMHO.

pro

The drops fell off considerably after the LA game.  I think they had very few drops after that.  It was really the first Jacksonville game, the Philly game, Buffalo game and LA game where they had the majority of the drops.  And they won 2 of those games.

20 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The drops fell off considerably after the LA game.  I think they had very few drops after that.  It was really the first Jacksonville game, the Philly game, Buffalo game and LA game where they had the majority of the drops.  And they won 2 of those games.

See, that's why I brought it up.  He said missed plays early in the season.

Oh, and you forgot Taywan's drop in the EZ against Miami.

31 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The Titans had the 9th highest drop rate, which is more relevant than raw number of drops since we had one of the lowest pass attempts in the league. 

Edited by Titans279

4 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

The Titans had the 4th highest drop rate (before the last two games. There's no new stat from this source), which is more relevant than raw number of drops since we had one of the lowest pass attempts in the league. 

Here's the updated version, they posted another one. Colts, Chiefs, Chargers, Browns are all in there.

Receivers drop balls. But notice the shitty Jaguars had the most, I would say QB play has a lot to do with them.

Edited by big2033

5 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

The Titans had the 4th highest drop rate (before the last two games. There's no new stat from this source), which is more relevant than raw number of drops since we had one of the lowest pass attempts in the league.

Just kidding, we finished with the 9th highest drop rate according to that source.

11 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

See, that's why I brought it up.  He said missed plays early in the season.

Oh, and you forgot Taywan's drop in the EZ against Miami.

That was a play that he should have caught but certainly not a gimme like some of the drops in the other games.