Jon Robinson interview

headhunter

JRob isn't going to show his hand.  He ain't stupid.  He has a QB who is injury prone and DNP in the biggest game of the year @Nissan.  He has to ensure the team has a capable QB who can win games as a backup.  He needs a better backup than most GMs because of Mariota's injury history.  I bet he's looked over every QB available in 2019.

I think he saw potential in the QB he took last year, but teams are hungry for talent from good teams.  Lafleur.  

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The funny thing is that eliminating all of this won't help because most of his injuries occur during boring old plays from the pocket. Investing in a line that can handle a basic TE stunt on the other

True.  If you ask him what he is planning on having for lunch his answer would probably be "Lunch is an important meal.  I'll take a look at the menu and really weigh my options."

I mean he helped win us a couple games and is better than what we had in  Matt Cassell. Its about all you can ask for in a backup QB. 

25 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Of course he’s not committing to Mariota beyond 2019

I thought there was a chance there toward the middle of the season that they might try and sign him to a friendlier type contact, but that all went out the window when he missed the final game and a half and cost us being in the playoffs.  He has next year to do something, then its time to move on.

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

True but if there is a chance to get someone who is obviously better and content with more than likely the backup role, I think you have to make the necessary moves. 

And we know how hard that is to do. Everybody wants a better backup

38 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The 102.5 interview was better as Robinson elaborated on Mariota.  He basically said he wants him out there for 16 games, knows the team can win with him and wants him to be the QB for a long time.

Can I read into that the interior OL will be the off season priority?

19 minutes ago, ctm said:

Over his various interviews it was pretty clear Kline/Conklin feature heavily in their plans next year, so it probably ends up as most feared that Spain will be the only guy replaced.

In his interview with Jim Wyatt, JRob talked about the "youth" in the WR room, "With that position group, it is a young position group and we’ll see what’s available out there."

Would think a veteran WR is going to be right near the top of FA needs.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

14 minutes ago, ctm said:

That wasn’t brought up but I’d expect they’ll do everything in their power to make sure he’s as protected as he can be.

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Over his various interviews it was pretty clear Kline/Conklin feature heavily in their plans next year, so it probably ends up as most feared that Spain will be the only guy replaced.

In his interview with Jim Wyatt, JRob talked about the "youth" in the WR room "and we’ll see what’s available out there".

Expect a veteran WR is going to be right near the top of FA needs.

I hope so. Humphries from TB is an interesting option