Sign in to follow this  
headhunter

Jon Robinson interview

japan   
Just now, XanderMXIX said:

The fact that he seemed content with Gabbert is concerning 

I can't wait for your whining and crying during next training camp...

Just now, headhunter said:

I mean he helped win us a couple games and is better than what we had in  Matt Cassell. Its about all you can ask for in a backup QB. 

Anyone could have won those games most likely, LaFleur called the plays where so there was damn near no real QBing involved.

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Anyone could have won those games most likely, LaFleur called the plays where so there was damn near no real QBing involved.

And thats fine. I dont think we win with Matt Cassel though. 

I’m not sure what the fuss is over Gabbert. Unless you have a draft pick developing the Gabbert is one of the best in the league at backup, which means he’s a terrible QB. I’ve been frustrated with him once the entire year and that was the INT he threw right to the Colt when the crosser was wide open. Other than that he’s been solid. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

And thats fine. I dont think we win with Matt Cassel though. 

Maybe, but that's hardly "all you can ask for"... What you should be asking for is a QB where you don't completely have to revert away from the QB aspect of the game.

He obviously won't be as good as the starter but asking him to make some real throws isn't too much.

2 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Maybe, but that's hardly "all you can ask for"... What you should be asking for is a QB where you don't completely have to revert away from the QB aspect of the game.

He obviously won't be as good as the starter but asking him to make some real throws isn't too much.

They're backups for a reason. Of course things change when the starter is out

They're backups for a reason. Of course things change when the starter is out

They change, I don't think you realize the magnitude that things had to change though... I've seen plenty of backups come in and be trusted to make throws, they still were backups and didn't go on and become a starter when shown they actually have the ability to use their arm that got them to the NFL in the first place

3 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Gabbert wasn't trusted to throw because he's turnover prone when let loose, that's NOT a good quality to have in a backup. His arm wasn't the issue, it's the decision making

As with every backup QB. 

As with every backup QB. 

Every backup QB makes horrible decisions? 

I will say I only think there are a handful of quality backups in the league. Not sure where I would rate Gabbert, seeing as how his decision-making is God awful. 

15 minutes ago, XanderMXIX said:

The fact that he seemed content with Gabbert is concerning 

GM speak.  Something better comes along and it'll be bye bye Gabba Gabba. 

Any veteran backup QB will have a certain amount of "trash" in his game or he'd be starting-not much hope or excitement when they have to play.  Only young backups with no history provide hope and excitement from a fans perspective.

8 minutes ago, headhunter said:

As with every backup QB. 

Not really, there are plenty (plenty is an exaggeration) of Journeymen QBs who just don't have the arm anymore but have the smarts to still play with "regular" playcalling, you obviously don't like that option and prefer the arm but not the smarts

The starters have both but I'll take the guy who you can at least trust to still pass a "normal" amount, just need to adjust the routes

Edited by wiscotitansfan