Sign in to follow this  
abc2330

After Rewatching the Eagles Game....

Callidus   

My favorite part about the mariota discussion is where it has taken us. We are at a point were some of the people on here are so shell shocked that they want Flacco. And that is so sad there are no words.

Sadly as much as I like him, we may have to move on if we can't get something close to offensive stability. No qb is ever going to get good changing systems every year. Maybe we keep him 3 more years then draft sunshine from Clemson and we can be a movie parody.

nine   

It's not reflected in the stat line...but I felt like Marcus actually looked better the previous week at Jacksonville after Gabbert was knocked out of the game.   Marcus' performance that day was darned near flawless.

OILERMAN   
20 minutes ago, nine said:

It's not reflected in the stat line...but I felt like Marcus actually looked better the previous week at Jacksonville after Gabbert was knocked out of the game.   Marcus' performance that day was darned near flawless.

They scored 9 points and he threw a bunch of screens

nine   
17 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

They scored 9 points and he threw a bunch of screens

Yep.    MM's nerve injury forced LaFleur to be very conservative and get the ball out of Marcus hands very quickly.   

It was also a ridiculously bad day for the WR corps.  Pretty much anything that was thrown 10+ yards was dropped.

(Trying to remember....was it the Jags game or the Eagles game where Jonnu Smith had that horrible 3rd down drop in the red zone?)

Mythos27   
5 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

And the Cowboys were in a rut. And the Patriots aren't the Patriots of old. Seriously, let's just go ahead and tear down all the wins so that there's nothing holding the narrative back. I mean, how could such a bum look so good anyway? He's gotta be the flukiest 4th QTR comeback player in NFL history.

Ah, the TR playbook. You forgot play #2; focus only on the negatives and call anyone who points the positives out a delusional homer. Play #3 is pretend you were right all along regardless of outcome.

OILERMAN   
18 minutes ago, nine said:

Yep.    MM's nerve injury forced LaFleur to be very conservative and get the ball out of Marcus hands very quickly.   

He averaged 5+ yards per pass

big2033   
6 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

And the Cowboys were in a rut. And the Patriots aren't the Patriots of old. Seriously, let's just go ahead and tear down all the wins so that there's nothing holding the narrative back. I mean, how could such a bum look so good anyway? He's gotta be the flukiest 4th QTR comeback player in NFL history.

The Cowboys aren't that great lol. 

Tom Brady has nothing to prove.

Mariota played well, but upon re-watching that game, he didn't do anything that makes me believe he was a top-10 star. Watch that game next to a Patrick Mahomes game and you'll see a drastic difference in play all around.

Edited by big2033

big2033   
2 hours ago, nine said:

IMO his game against the Cowboys was better, harder throws, more decisive and a four quarter performance.

scine09   
1 hour ago, nine said:

It was also a ridiculously bad day for the WR corps.  Pretty much anything that was thrown 10+ yards was dropped.

(Trying to remember....was it the Jags game or the Eagles game where Jonnu Smith had that horrible 3rd down drop in the red zone?)

It was the Eagles game.

scine09   
23 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

What you guys are going to see until next season now is that the narratives will continue to grow and evolve without anymore gameplay from Mariota, Scotty is going to start inserting some sort of negative commentary about the QB in damn near every post (looking more like BK every day) and nearly every thread devolving into a Mariota thread in some way. 

Which is why I’m going to stay away from most of those threads. I can’t wait until other things happen so we can have something else to talk about for the next few months. 

That's pretty much how I feel.

9 hours ago, TF_Titan said:

You say that as though he went downhill from there. The fact is, the back half of his season was much better than the first half. In his first 4 games he had a 72.31 passer rating. In his next 10 games he had a 101.35 passer rating. All of his 100+ games came in the last half of the season.

Is that right? He had a 116 rating against the playoff teams he faced sans the Indy game where he went out. 

33 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

What you guys are going to see until next season now is that the narratives will continue to grow and evolve without anymore gameplay from Mariota, Scotty is going to start inserting some sort of negative commentary about the QB in damn near every post (looking more like BK every day) and nearly every thread devolving into a Mariota thread in some way. 

Which is why I’m going to stay away from most of those threads. I can’t wait until other things happen so we can have something else to talk about for the next few months. 

What’s great is Mariota will be gone after next year 🥳

big2033   
2 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Wait before you leave ... 

Game 5, pass 20, 3 quater, incomplete ... that was Mariota's fault.