What happened with Antwaun Woods?

Jonboy

3 hours ago, tgo said:

Nothing to do with motivation. 

I just watched the story on this guy. Rod Marinelli told him to lose 20 pounds because he was a good football player in danger of eating himself out of the league... so Woods did it. Were our boys not vegan at that time?

1 minute ago, charleytolar said:

I just watched the story on this guy. Rod Marinelli told him to lose 20 pounds because he was a good football player in danger of eating himself out of the league... so Woods did it. Were our boys not vegan at that time?

He needed to be bigger here bc of the scheme we play anyway. But he’s a one gap player. Good for him though for slimming down and playing well in that vanilla Tampa 2 scheme that he’s good in.

Pees said our DL is the smallest he’s ever had btw. 

Just now, tgo said:

He needed to be bigger here bc of the scheme we play anyway. But he’s a one gap player. Good for him though for slimming down and playing well in that vanilla Tampa 2 scheme that he’s good in.

Yes I thought our DL was the smallest Pees has worked with also. Pees is used to guys 340 and ours are 315-320, excluding Casey. His OLBs are big too. 

Just now, tgo said:

These coaching transitions are tough: our new Offensive Coordinator prefers a zone blocking scheme so our power blocking O-line has to  learn zone blocking.  Our new Defensive Coordinator prefers a behemoth DL and we offer him the smallest he's ever had.

No wonder the Cowboys stuck with Tom Landry for so long!!

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Like 2 or 3 guys are vegan

I’m not sure it’s that many that are still even on the team. Woodyard and Casey were icipating but Casey said he just eats a few vegan meals per week... so it’s a normal omnivore diet. Woodyard said he still eats bacon and cheese a lot. 

Morgan is the only true vegan left I think. 

7 hours ago, titanruss said:

I’m not sure it’s that many that are still even on the team. Woodyard and Casey were icipating but Casey said he just eats a few vegan meals per week... so it’s a normal omnivore diet. Woodyard said he still eats bacon and cheese a lot. 

Morgan is the only true vegan left I think. 

and how many injuries did he have this year? 

12 hours ago, tgo said:

@Jonboy

I loved Antwaun Woods when he was here, and I remember @Face and I wanted to see him starting. 

But the issue is that he's best suited as a one gap player and while a very solid player, was simply not a fit for what LeBeau or Pees do with their two-gapping DL systems. 

He's in a great defense for him in Dallas. 

Yeah he was definitely a better fit in Dallas. That said he was screwed over pretty bad here. In 2016 he clearly earned a spot & outplayed Austin Johnson by a good margin. And last year was even more obvious. He beat out Sly Williams for the starting NT spot, he started the 1st preseason game. Mularkey raved about how he worked out with Casey all offseason& looked great. He actually raved about him both years.

Now, I'm realistic. The best guys don't always play in the real world as long as there's drafts & contracts. So I get cutting him as a rookie. But his 2nd year he was done dirty. If you have a kid whose not only playing his ass off but is flat beating people out, and you're acknowledging this loudly, then you have a bit of a credibility issue. 

I understand UDFA's & late rounders have to do a lot more to stick around as rookies. But not year 2. He earned a spot here.

1 hour ago, helimachoptor said:

and how many injuries did he have this year? 

Not sure I follow. 

More injuries has pretty much nothing to do with diet 

playing worse and weaker could could absolutely be affected by diet choice. 

38 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Not sure I follow. 

More injuries has pretty much nothing to do with diet 

playing worse and weaker could could absolutely be affected by diet choice. 

there's been a lot of investigations done on how eating vegan impacts muscles etc (not saying theyre correct) but vegan only diets essentially make muscles weaker. 

So while a move/tackle on a meat diet may not injure you, repeating that on a vegan diet which has compromised your muscles will. 

I’m not knowledgeable or informed enough to offer any kind of analysis on interior DL play.   I just know that when  Woods got reps in preseason, his impact was equal to or greater than any of the bigger-name players they signed in FA.

i kinda figured JRob had found a diamond in the rough...and apparently he  did. It just happened to be for another team.  

Hopefully Jerry sent JRob a nice fruit basket or something .

4 hours ago, Face said:

Yeah he was definitely a better fit in Dallas. That said he was screwed over pretty bad here. In 2016 he clearly earned a spot & outplayed Austin Johnson by a good margin. And last year was even more obvious. He beat out Sly Williams for the starting NT spot, he started the 1st preseason game. Mularkey raved about how he worked out with Casey all offseason& looked great. He actually raved about him both years.

Now, I'm realistic. The best guys don't always play in the real world as long as there's drafts & contracts. So I get cutting him as a rookie. But his 2nd year he was done dirty. If you have a kid whose not only playing his ass off but is flat beating people out, and you're acknowledging this loudly, then you have a bit of a credibility issue. 

I understand UDFA's & late rounders have to do a lot more to stick around as rookies. But not year 2. He earned a spot here.

By beating out other guys at NT, do you mean being a better pass rusher? 

He should have at least made the team as a situational rusher from 3 tech though, regardless. 

Edited by tgo

23 hours ago, charleytolar said:

These coaching transitions are tough: our new Offensive Coordinator prefers a zone blocking scheme so our power blocking O-line has to  learn zone blocking.  Our new Defensive Coordinator prefers a behemoth DL and we offer him the smallest he's ever had.

No wonder the Cowboys stuck with Tom Landry for so long!!

Can someone explain to Tolar how the league works?

2 hours ago, japan said:

Can someone explain to Tolar how the league works?

Been a good while, but Quit Being a Troll.

What in the hell do you mean? Is there no sense in continuing to build in a direction that suits the roster you've worked on for the last 2-3 years or do you just start over every time you lose a coordinator?

Tell us, how does the league work?... or have "already explained yourself?!" ?