Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

Cardinals Hiring Kliff Kingsbury as HC

code   

copycat league is exactly right.

Cardinals trying to get outside of the box.

The Air Raid offense doesn't need the same personnel that other teams are shopping for.

Defenses in the NFL haven't seen what Tech does.

I can see their logic.

That said, I think the experiment fails. KK is a good dude. But he has never proven able to build a defense, and the offense and its fast tempo just puts to much strain on the other side of the ball.  Somehow I see this as a less talented, far more likable Chip Kelly.

Now prove me wrong KK.

A losing coach in college is a losing coach in the NFL.  But maybe he interviewed well.  He must be good at something with the ability to pull this one off!  

Face   
7 hours ago, scine09 said:

I like it.  Offensive coach not afraid to take risks and who will likely feature a heavy dose of the passing game.

I thought about him as an OC, supposed to be super creative

Jonboy   
3 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

I would die inside a little bit if we hired Kingsbury. It’s such a copycat league, he’s probably a damn good OC but looking for the next McVay is nuts when there is only one. The best HC candidate this offseason? Matt Eberflus and it is not close. What he overcame with the McDaniels/Reich situation and his work with that D was outstanding. 

I’m hoping Eberflus gets one of the remaining jobs. 

Face   
3 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

I would die inside a little bit if we hired Kingsbury. It’s such a copycat league, he’s probably a damn good OC but looking for the next McVay is nuts when there is only one. The best HC candidate this offseason? Matt Eberflus and it is not close. What he overcame with the McDaniels/Reich situation and his work with that D was outstanding. 

Agree a 1000%. The lack of interest in Eberflus is staggering. While the Colts defensive talent is underrated, especially with Darius Leonard dominating as a rookie, Ebrrflus might be assistant of the year. They've been basically dominant. They shut Dallas out, shut us out, gave up 1 score in the 2nd game with us, one score to Houston. You can tell he learned a lot from Monte Kiffin, his guys just fly to the ball.

He's also the perfect age, I believe mid 40's. Still young enough to add some new things but also not trying to show everyone how smart he is, which I think is a big risk with young guys (No OC should ever, ever, ever, EVER call a jump ball/fade on a 4th & goal inside the 3).

Also, how about Vic Fangio & Pees? Pees is cooked with the health issues but these 2 have deserved head jobs for almost a decade now.

2 minutes ago, Face said:

Also, how about Vic Fangio & Pees? Pees is cooked with the health issues but these 2 have deserved head jobs for almost a decade now.

Fangio is in the final 2 for the Broncos HC job.

tgo   
1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Fangio is in the final 2 for the Broncos HC job.

He’s reportedly the favorite now. 

Rolltide   
On 1/8/2019 at 2:10 PM, titanskick8851 said:

I personally love the hire. The Cardinals needed to do something outside the box. It will be interesting to see what his staff ends up looking like. 

Bullshit. He did a horrible job at Tech. 

Rolltide   

Here are the winning percentages of the 4 coaches at Texas Tech who came before Kingsbury. 

McWilliams-.636

Dykes .550

Leach .661

Tuberville .541

Average .597

Kingsbury .466

Somebody with a straight face tell me this ass is a good coach. He is like Derek Dooley who had a losing record at La Tech but gets the UT job. 

An average coach at Texas Tech will win about 8 games a year and almost always go to a bowl. He won 8 games once and average 5.7 wins a season. He was a combined 12-13 with Pat Mahomes!

He went to only 3 bowl games and lost 2 of them. There is nothing in his coaching history that indicates he should even be interviewed for an NFL head coaching job. 

Rolltide   

Funny how people complain there are not enough minority head coaches in the NFL but a loser like this gets a gig. There must be 25 black coaches more qualified than this turd. I would take Marvin Lewis in a minute over this dog. 

Here is another thing about Kingsbury. No NFL coaching experience! None! All of his coaching experience was in college in one state. 

abc2330   
4 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Here are the winning percentages of the 4 coaches at Texas Tech who came before Kingsbury. 

McWilliams-.636

Dykes .550

Leach .661

Tuberville .541

Average .597

Kingsbury .466

Somebody with a straight face tell me this ass is a good coach. He is like Derek Dooley who had a losing record at La Tech but gets the UT job. 

An average coach at Texas Tech will win about 8 games a year and almost always go to a bowl. He won 8 games once and average 5.7 wins a season. He was a combined 12-13 with Pat Mahomes!

He went to only 3 bowl games and lost 2 of them. There is nothing in his coaching history that indicates he should even be interviewed for an NFL head coaching job. 

He was never lower than #16 in total offense while being an offensive coach/HC.  While having a pretty modest level of talent at Tech.  That's what Arizona is looking at.  Defense won't be his problem, the talent field will be even.  Those were obviously his biggest issues.

If I were a fan of the team, I wouldn't like the hire.  But as a fan of the NFL, I am definitely intrigued.  In front of a microphone, and in front of his players, he looks the part.  They will respect and play hard for him.  If he hires a quality coaching staff, I wouldn't bet against him at all.