Sign in to follow this  
Jonboy

2021 Draft Prospect: QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson

Jonboy   

With NFL people throwing out stuff like this, might as well go ahead and get the hype train started for this kid. Knowing our luck, he'll probably end up a Jaguar. Or maybe the Colts win 2 Super Bowls, then Luck gets injured and they draft this guy 😆.

Bink   

Midnight. A dark corner on the outskirts of Nashville. Howling wind. Flickering street lights. A scrap of newspaper dusts across an otherwise empty alley. A lone figure in a hooded sweatshirt emerges from a doorway and makes his way towards the shadows with purpose. Just before stepping into the alley and disappearing from sight, he pulls down the hood and reveals BINK. 

Bink: You here?

From deep in the dark cover of night, voice echoes. 

Mysterious figure: Come here often? 

Bink: Let's cut to the chase, you know why I'm here.

Mysterious figure: Come on now, I want to savor this moment. I thought no one ever wanted to see me again.

Bink: The circumstances have changed. 

Mysterious figure: Golden goose not laying golden eggs? 

Bink: This doesn't mean you are right about anything. 

Mysterious figure: We will see about that. 

Bink: You are a means to an end. That's it. Nothing more. Once this is done you crawl back into whatever hole you came from. 

Mysterious figure: Oh, I think I'm going to stick around this time. 

Bink: Doubtful. 

Mysterious figure: Can't hurt to try. I trust our payment is in place... 

Bink reaches into his pocket and produces a flash drive. 

Bink: Take it. All of Kyle's mock drafts from 2019-2091. With this information you might be able to correctly predict 3, maybe 4 draft picks. 

The mysterious figure steps out of the shadow to take the flashdrive. A horrified gasp sound effect echoes throughout Nashville, like a bad transition in a rotten movie. The man is revealed to be BERGERKING

Bergerking: It's a deal then. He'll be ready in 2020. 

*Scene* 

Downtown   

I do think Lawrence will be better than Tua. Lawrence has a big arm that can overcome mechanics when a play breaks down. Mahomes can do that and in today's NFL, where WRs can be schemed wide open (chiefs), you really need the arm strength above everything else to just get it near the target and watch the WRs run. 

kgsTitan   

I know there's lot of excitement over this kid after last night, but I sure hope scouting is done a little deeper than this. "He played great last night.....2021 1st Overall Pick!!!!".

Bink   
5 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

I know there's lot of excitement over this kid after last night, but I sure hope scouting is done a little deeper than this. "He played great last night.....2021 1st Overall Pick!!!!".

For sure. This is hyperbole. But it's not just hype, he looks good and has the height and arm strength. 

On 1/12/2019 at 8:32 PM, Kyle021 said:

Shit I wouldn’t wait for Lawrence. I make a major move next year for Fromm

I’m excited to see the Georgia transfer who will be starting at Washington this year. He could very well jump into the top QB discussion next year.

MadMax   
On 1/8/2019 at 11:17 AM, TitansWycheck89 said:

Titans are set up to draft him.

Titans let Mariota walk in 2020.

Have an awful 2020.

Draft Lawrence in 2021

C1AB9450-59D3-49A4-A565-529FF9B41B31.jpeg

Unless Mariota makes a HUGE jump in 2019, this would be my plan.  Period.