Jonboy

Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

31 minutes ago, Stranger said:

No reason to believe it's Smith at this point 

Well, someone, whom they have not been able to interview yet, could turn them down. Someone has suggested the Mariota Factor. Who knows what others think? Shit, we don't know what we think.

Stranger   
36 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Well, someone, whom they have not been able to interview yet, could turn them down. Someone has suggested the Mariota Factor. Who knows what others think? Shit, we don't know what we think.

I know teams aren't 'supposed' to talk to playoff coaches, but I don't think the Titans would have waited this long if they didn't already have a verbal agreement in place, or at least very strong interest from the candidate. 

1 hour ago, Former_Fan said:

Tony Romo?

I mean, the timing fits because his job is done after today.... who knows what this team is doing. 

tgo   

Senior Bowl week doesn’t start until tommorow - with weigh ins and what not. So they still have a day or two to get someone in place before the Senior Bowl. 

With all the Mularkey stuff, I think someone on here made a solid point on coaching, several years ago when we were having another annual Fisher-thread.

Some coaches are really good at making a bad team better, but those coaches are rarely the ones to lead your team to the SB.  Some coaches can take a mediocre team, and make them world beaters.  Fisher is a great example: he took a putrid Rams teams, played his run-run-pass-punt style of football, and got them to just shy of .500.  Now, McVay comes in and takes that mediocre team and has them in the SB two years later, and has gone 24-8 in the regular season with nearly the same roster Fisher could only sniff .500 with.  

Mularkey was that guy here, as was Munch.  The problem was that we went with a flashy hire in Whiz following Munch, and he wasn't interested in protecting the young QB.  Now, we have Vrabel, and while the vote is definitely still out, I like that he is aggressive, and his hire of Pees as DC has proven to be the best DC hire since Buddy Ryan, IMO.  Hopefully Vrabel is our McVay, but Mularkey was just another Fisher.  Thanks for the 'culture change' but fuck Mularkey and his genius coordinators.

Number9   
22 minutes ago, IowaOiler said:

Now, McVay comes in and takes that mediocre team and has them in the SB two years later, and has gone 24-8 in the regular season with nearly the same roster Fisher could only sniff .500 with.  

Last one to apologize for Fisher, but they have added a player or two.