Jonboy

Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

7 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Apparently I've run smack up against your agenda. HA!

My "agenda" is backed up by facts.

He's a TE coach that got promoted well beyond his abilities, as evidenced by his dismal failures elsewhere and in N'ville.

Amy hire a spiritual leader who cried a lot.  When, if given the reins, JRob would have hired a football coach.

Now, I know you insist on getting the last word in, so have at it, I'm done here.

2 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

So you're a Gabbert lover?

HELL NO! I'm just pointing out that an abysmal  QB beat the coach that did such a great job in your eyes.

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

My "agenda" is backed up by facts.

He's a TE coach that got promoted well beyond his abilities, as evidenced by his dismal failures elsewhere and in N'ville.

Amy hire a spiritual leader who cried a lot.  When, if given the reins, JRob would have hired a football coach.

Now, I know you insist on getting the last word in, so have at it, I'm done here.

Your "facts" are mostly opinions. You're done.

1 minute ago, BeedoeLaw said:

HELL NO! I'm just pointing out that an abysmal  QB beat the coach that did such a great job in your eyes.

Do you know the old saying that involves a mountain and a molehill?

Did you know that even Tom Brady throws interceptions, fumbles and loses games? He even missed almost an entire season due to injury as I recall.

19 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Your "facts" are mostly opinions. You're done.

"He's a TE coach that got promoted well beyond his abilities, as evidenced by his dismal failures elsewhere and in N'ville.

Amy hire a spiritual leader who cried a lot.  When, if given the reins, JRob would have hired a football coach."  -- TitanDuckFan

Yes, he had dismal failures elsewhere but so has just about anyone else who ran the show at Buffalo or Jacksonville.

I'm sorry this OC search is stressing you out so much. Try to have more fun with it and don't get so vexed when someone disagrees with you.

Bills were 6-10 the year before Mularkey came. He went 9-7 with Kelly Holcomb and JP Losman as his QB options. The next year he went 5-11 with Drew Bledsoe and JP Losman. Mularkey resigned, it seems.

The Jags were 7-9, 8-8 and 5-11 in the three seasons before Mularkey arrived. He went 2-14 with Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne as his QBs and was fired. Shame on Mularkey?

Edited by charleytolar

OILERMAN   
58 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

"Some" doesn't justify the joke though.

Justify? LOL!!!!

6 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

Do you know the old saying that involves a mountain and a molehill?

Did you know that even Tom Brady throws interceptions, fumbles and loses games? He even missed almost an entire season due to injury as I recall.

abc2330   
28 minutes ago, nine said:

We all have our own opinions about the Mularkey hire, but the results speak for themselves.  

Of the coaches hired in 2016, only one (Mularkey) led his team to winning records in each of the next two seasons...and this with a team that had managed only five wins in the previous two years combined.  

He certainly isn’t a *great* coach...but he’s a good enough coach who clearly had some success and whose methods obviously worked to some level.

I don’t fault anyone for criticizing the hiring process or Mularkey’s philosophy, and he clearly had his own faults and shortcomings that ultimately led to his dismissal...but he was instrumental in restoring a level of respectability in an organization that had become a joke and an afterthought under the previous regime. 

And the results when Mularkey didn't have a talented team also speak for themselves.  He's not the worst coach in the world, but there's a limit in today's NFL as to how far he can take a team.

12 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

2019 is make or break for Mariota. That 2020 QB Class looms very large.

It does, but unless we do way worse than expected we will have to trade a king's ransom to move up for one

22 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

And the results when Mularkey didn't have a talented team also speak for themselves.  He's not the worst coach in the world, but there's a limit in today's NFL as to how far he can take a team.

Your conclusion (cap on his success due to  some personal limitations) is different from your premise (hamstrung with a bad roster). Are you just saying that he is too old-fashioned, i.e. Exotic Smashmouth?  For his own sake he should have been more adaptable, but has this year's offensive struggles not quieted those criticisms a bit?

Edited by charleytolar

AvgJoe   
28 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

It does, but unless we do way worse than expected we will have to trade a king's ransom to move up for one

True, but look at the Rams now. 

abc2330   
1 hour ago, charleytolar said:

Your conclusion (cap on his success due to  some personal limitations) is different from your premise (hamstrung with a bad roster). Are you just saying that he is too old-fashioned, i.e. Exotic Smashmouth?  For his own sake he should have been more adaptable, but has this year's offensive struggles not quieted those criticisms a bit?

Hell no.