Jonboy

Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

Face   
45 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

If it is Smith, when they eventually do the reveal, then they need to have a good explanation.

However, leading the rest of the league to believe you're still looking, may cause others to move with unnecessary haste.

So is he playing chess or checkers?

If they just announce Smith like they did Mularkey, in the middle of a playoff game from what I remember, they're really doing Smith a disservice. While it probably is stupid, fans always enjoy coordinator searches. Like it or not, this will have a feel of a team that really didn't have a plan. They're obviously not going to announce anybody else that they interviewed, so optics wise it looks like they did nothing & then promoted the TE coach. And then announced it in the middle of a game so it didn't get much attention. 

Im not saying that's what they did, they may have had an extremely extensive process but just kept it under wraps. I'm just saying what it will appear to be. And it just seemed very unnecessary.

I'll laugh when the weekend comes and goes with still no word on who will be the OC. Then all of a sudden a OC agrees to come here, and it's not anyone on the many lists  of candidates, that have been put on this post. 

Nash   

As I recall, the week after league championship games is open for interviews, for the winners.. of course the losers can interview without restriction.. 

Tomachek   

Wonder if it's someone on the Senior Bowl coaching staff? (we have multiple coaches on the east-west game staff)

49ers or Raiders

Either though PK said Brian Callahan isn't a candidate that's the only person on the staff for the Raiders I see as a fit.

49ers have Mike McDaniel, Mike Lafleur, and Jon Embree (crossed paths with Robinson)

Would make sense to hire them after they coached the game for insight on the players during draft day.

Edited by Tomachek

tgo   

I'm expecting an announcement today or tomorrow. 

If they don't make the announcement today, you have to start wondering whether PK's reporting is accurate in terms of excluding playoff coaches. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'm expecting an announcement today or tomorrow. 

If they don't make the announcement today, you have to start wondering whether PK's reporting is accurate in terms of excluding playoff coaches. 

Announcent should be around noon shohldnt it?

tgo   
Just now, headhunter said:

Announcent should be around noon shohldnt it?

Who knows. 

Could be late afternoon or evening if today. 

If tomorrow, you'd think mid-day. 

If it lasts through Sunday, then you re-evaluate everything. 

tgo   
7 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Have the Bengals, Cardinals, Dolphins, or Jets filled their OC openings yet?

Nope. 

Bengals/Dolphins are waiting until the ink is dry with their respective HCs before making assistant hires. 

I think the Jets gig depends on the Dolphins hiring someone and then letting Loggains out of his contract to go to the Jets. 

Who knows wth is going on with the Cardinals. They may be waiting to interview playoff coaches. Cardinals options as it stands currently seem to be McAdoo, Cooter, Clements. 

Edited by tgo

BudAdams   
10 hours ago, nine said:

It cracks me up....people act as if the team is expected to hold a presser to announce every potential candidate and televise the interviews in prime time. 

Think about it.  Think about how much JRob and Vrabel were influenced by their time in the Patriots organization...and consider the source of that influence.   Belichick is famously tight-lipped about team operations and gives information only when forced to do so.  In the past twenty years, at no time has he ever shown his hand or provided any sort of insight into his team’s  planning and thought processes or allowed any information whatsoever to leave the building. 

Belichick’s success speaks for itself.  Why on earth would anyone seriously expect JRob and Vrabel to do things differently?

I promise this:  they couldn’t care less if a few impatient fans are frustrated with the lack of innuendo and inside info or because the process took more than 48 hours.   They’re running a professional  football team...not a gossip column reality show.

Its possible that they end up choosing the  wrong guy for the job...but if that happens, it won’t be because they rushed into a decision or jumped on some splashy signing in an effort to win the offseason.

Personally , I couldn’t care less if it happens this week, next week, or a month from now.  As long as they win games from September into January, all will be forgotten and forgiven.  

Yep.  The whole thread is full of gems with all of the hand ringing.  The rationalization of hiring the TE coach to a position he's never come close to doing while dismissing others with better or similar credentials also is hilarious to me.  Why?  Because he's Fred Smith's kid?  Probably depends mostly on QB play like most coordinators.  Brian Schottenheimer is a great example.  Roundly panned by fans and media alike, he finally has a good QB and they are 5th in scoring this year.

15 hours ago, tgo said:

Interesting. 

He has full play calling duties there, so he'd have to be released from his contract or it would have to be expiring for him to make a lateral move. 

Ugh hes horrible. Living off his last name. There is a reason the only team to lose in the playoffs this year with the better QB is Seattle.

BudAdams   
1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Ugh hes horrible. Living off his last name. There is a reason the only team to lose in the playoffs this year with the better QB is Seattle.

They lost primarily because their defense could not stop the run from Elliott and the 3rd and 14 draw by Prescott.  The Seattle offense had their 2nd best scoring offense in team history this year and were 5th in scoring plus they went from the worst running game in the NFL to the one of the best.  Wilson had his best year statistically in terms of TD% and Passer Rating.

It's not his fault that Sanchez sucked with the Jets or he had awful QB's and OL in St. Louis.

1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

They lost primarily because their defense could not stop the run from Elliott and the 3rd and 14 draw by Prescott.  The Seattle offense had their 2nd best scoring offense in team history this year and were 5th in scoring plus they went from the worst running game in the NFL to the one of the best.  Wilson had his best year statistically in terms of TD% and Passer Rating.

It's not his fault that Sanchez sucked with the Jets or he had awful QB's and OL in St. Louis.

Thats what happens when you are too conservative on offense.