Jump to content
Jonboy

Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

Recommended Posts

Justafan   
1 minute ago, tgo said:

He’s 70. Been coaching since 1972 and never called plays. 

Yea, I just saw he was the assistant HC with Shanahan back in Washington in 2013.  I knew he never called plays but I didn't see his age until after I posted.  Honestly don't know enough about the guy to have an informed opinion anyways.  

 

So frustrating not hearing ANYONE linked to the job.  There are reasons for that but still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
patsplat   

Am actually somewhat happy we haven't heard a big name.

 

Mariota will benefit from consistency.  Titans need a creative OC, but not another up-and-coming here today gone tomorrow coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justafan   
Just now, patsplat said:

Am actually somewhat happy we haven't heard a big name.

 

Mariota will benefit from consistency.  Titans need a creative OC, but not another up-and-coming here today gone tomorrow coach.

I agree.  Really, that's why I kind of want one of these older guys and you can just kind of hand the offense over to them and they'll be there for a few years.  

 

I really have no idea where Jrob and Vrabel want to go with this thing though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TGO mentioned him earlier, but I think the OC might be Shane Waldron. Vrabel was with him in NE, he followed a similar career path as LaFleur in that he was in Washington and then LA. He took over as pass game co-ordinator when Lafleur came here. If we want continuity whule still looking outside the organisation then this is the guy. Sounds like McVay will let him go too. 

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/11/29/18118161/shand-waldron-ready-offensive-coordinator-job-los-angeles-rams-detroit-lions

 

The problem is that Zac Taylor mighty bring him with him if he gets the Bengals job

Edited by IrishTitansFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Justafan said:

The more I think about this, the more I want an older, experienced play-caller, who can just run the offense the way Pees has.

 

Just spitballing.

Then Marty Mornhinweg or Gary Kubiak it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justafan   
Just now, SuperFreak90 said:

Then Marty Mornhinweg or Gary Kubiak it is

Yea, Marty Mornhinweg is where I've been leaning.  I would LOVE Gary Kubiak but I'm not sure how realistic that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
4 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

TGO mentioned him earlier, but I think the OC might be Shane Waldron. Vrabel was with him in NE, he followed a similar career path as LaFleur in that he was in Washington and then LA. He took over as pass game co-ordinator when Lafleur came here. If we want continuity whule still looking outside the organisation then this is the guy. Sounds like McVay will let him go too. 

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/11/29/18118161/shand-waldron-ready-offensive-coordinator-job-los-angeles-rams-detroit-lions

 

The problem is that Zac Taylor mighty bring him with him if he gets the Bengals job

Been thinking the same thing the longer this drags on. 

 

I read that Taylor wants an experienced OC and is heavily interested in Bevell. 

 

And even if Taylor wanted Waldron, he may be inclined to choose to come here anyway for full play calling duties. 

 

What I worry about is the Lions potentially offering him their job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tgo said:

Been thinking the same thing the longer this drags on. 

 

I read that Taylor wants an experienced OC and is heavily interested in Bevell. 

 

And even if Taylor wanted Waldron, he may be inclined to choose to come here anyway for full play calling duties. 

 

What I worry about is the Lions potentially offering him their job. 

I think the Titans OC job is better than the LIons. Waldron has just seen Lafleur get a head coaching job from here, he has a QB that, if he gets even a decent season from, he'll get the credit for improving, and the Titans are a better team with less of a chance of the HC getting fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
3 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I think the Titans OC job is better than the LIons. Waldron has just seen Lafleur get a head coaching job from here, he has a QB that, if he gets even a decent season from, he'll get the credit for improving, and the Titans are a better team with less of a chance of the HC getting fired.

No way man - 

 

They got Matthew Stafford, it’s that simple. 

 

Unless of course he just doesn’t want to live in Detroit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tgo said:

No way man - 

 

They got Matthew Stafford, it’s that simple. 

 

Unless of course he just doesn’t want to live in Detroit. 

Agreed. I think we have the worst passing offense to work with and most of that is because of Mariota. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...