Jonboy

Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

Jonboy   
3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Wow. What an opportunity for Dowell. They're probably just buying time until they can interview some playoff coaches, but still. That's some fantastic experience right there. Good for him.

OILERMAN   
21 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Their average ppg fell off a cliff in his first year.

That was a historic offense and totally unsustainable

9 minutes ago, tgo said:

Intriguing option, but would be far different than our offense now. And he has run a power blocking scheme in recent years I believe. 

But he could end up being here for the long haul. Could have Arthur Smith coordinate the run game, with Morhinweg calling plays and coordinating the offense as a whole. 

Not sure if he fits either, but if so, this might be where the Pees connection comes in with some input, from his recent years with the Ravens and being there with Mornhinweg.  Wondering how they got along and would Pees vouch for him, etc.

tgo   
Just now, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

Not sure if he fits either, but if so, this might be where the Pees connection comes in with some input, from his recent years with the Ravens and being there with Mornhinweg.  Wondering how they got along and would Pees vouch for him, etc.

Very true. 

I wonder what Morhinweg's propensity to pass the ball over run the ball would be without the presence of Greg Roman. 

Anyone have much input on his past offenses? I seem to remember them being pass happy. 

scine09   
12 minutes ago, tgo said:

Very true. 

I wonder what Morhinweg's propensity to pass the ball over run the ball would be without the presence of Greg Roman. 

Anyone have much input on his past offenses? I seem to remember them being pass happy. 

There's a reason to hire him right there.

Edited by scine09

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Why would we want a damaged nerve in the throwing arm QB to throw the ball more? Marcus plays better when we run the ball well. 

tgo   
8 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Lol. 

Pretty doubtful that Vrabel agrees though. 

"We're going to run the ball."

"We need to run the ball more"

Edited by tgo

scine09   
3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Lol. 

Pretty doubtful that Vrabel agrees though. 

"We're going to run the ball."

"We need to run the ball more"

If they run the ball just once then he's technically not lying.  And if they only run it once and they run it twice the next game then he's technically telling the truth.

scine09   
6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Why would we want a damaged nerve in the throwing arm QB to throw the ball more? Marcus plays better when we run the ball well. 

Will his arm still have nerve damage opening day next year?

tgo   
Just now, scine09 said:

If they run the ball just once then he's technically not lying.  And if they only run it once and they run it twice the next game then he's technically telling the truth.

Jonboy   

It's hilarious to hear about all these other teams with OC interviews and from the Titans it's just....*crickets*.

Something tells me this hire is going to seem way out of left field. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a name we haven't even mentioned here. I don't feel like we've talked about QB coaches and/or college coaches enough. Vrabel may want new blood and not someone who's been an NFL OC before.

big2033   
Just now, Jonboy said:

It's hilarious to hear about all these other teams with OC interviews and from the Titans it's just....*crickets*.

Something tells me this hire is going to seem way out of left field. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a name we haven't even mentioned here. I don't feel like we've talked about QB coaches and/or college coaches enough. Vrabel may want new blood and not someone who's been an NFL OC before.

We did this last year and we got a good OC. We just need to be patient.