Jonboy

Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

tgo   
Just now, scine09 said:

Doesn't DeFilippo run a different type of offense than LaFleur?

Different for sure but I think he does a lot of zone blocking right?

IDK if hiring someone from the same system is really going to be a priority tbh. 

I think people are focusing on that way too much. Vrabel's just going to want whoever he thinks is the best coach.

tgo   
Just now, titanskick8851 said:

I would say the best would be the following:

1. Cliff Kingsbury - Innovative Offensive mind, but could very well get hired by the Jets or Cardinals as HC

2. John Defillipio - Got the raw end of what was going on in Minnesota. Besides, next year we are going to be pounding the rock anyway. 

3. Freddie Kitchens - Did an amazing job with the Cleveland Offense. This would be only if Cleveland doesn't hire him as HC/the new HC doesn't retain him.

4. Adam Gase - If he doesn't get a HC Job

5. Kevin Stefanski - If he doesn't stay with Minny.

Kevin Stefanski is a good option, but isn't a Shanahan guy so there would be verbiage differences for sure. 

Same on all those guys. 

I bet the Cardinals hire Kingsbury. 

scine09   
Just now, tgo said:

Different for sure but I think he does a lot of zone blocking right?

I don't know.  I still think the best fit for Mariota is a quick short passing type of offense.

I'd love to see him in a Reid/Peterson type of offense.  Maybe McCarthy can come over.

tgo   
Just now, Titans279 said:

IDK if hiring someone from the same system is really going to be a priority tbh. 

I think people are focusing on that way too much. Vrabel's just going to want whoever he thinks is the best coach.

Yeah I'm kind of torn on this suddenly. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Kevin Stefanski is a good option, but isn't a Shanahan guy so there would be verbiage differences for sure. 

Same on all those guys. 

I bet the Cardinals hire Kingsbury. 

I think the Jets may beat them to it. Supposedly quite a few players are pushing for him including Jamal Adams.

BudAdams   

The reality is that the blocking scheme has folks that were brought in under a power scheme so power vs. zone shouldn't be the determining factor.  I'd like to see them hire someone with play calling experience ideally but get the right guy who has a plan for what he wants to do to maximize the abilities of Mariota. 

Justafan   

Vikings already blocked Stefanski last year too so I'm betting he stays there.  

Ryan Day would be the best hire but he turned us down last year and doesn't have any more reason to leave this year than he did last imo.  

Justafan   
2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I don't know.  I still think the best fit for Mariota is a quick short passing type of offense.

I'd love to see him in a Reid/Peterson type of offense.  Maybe McCarthy can come over.

Todd Haley?  I kid.. Sorta.

Just now, Justafan said:

Vikings already blocked Stefanski last year too so I'm betting he stays there.  

Ryan Day would be the best hire but he turned us down last year and doesn't have any more reason to leave this year than he did last imo.  

Hell he has it made now that he is the HC of Ohio State. Can't see him leaving there anytime soon now.

tgo   
2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

@tgo

Who are the best available running game coordinators?

Lol

Mike McDaniel is genius with the run game. 

Rick Dennison is very good with the run game and OL and is a Shanahan guy through and through. He'd also definitely end up bringing in Tyrod Taylor I bet. 

Bill Callahan would be very good, but this would require a switch to power I bet. 

Also Aaron Kromer is a great run game guy. 

Edited by tgo

OILERMAN   
1 minute ago, BudAdams said:

ideally but get the right guy who has a plan for what he wants to do to maximize the abilities of Mariota.