Jonboy

Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

Face   
2 hours ago, tgo said:

I’ve thought about him too - probably would implement a power scheme.

You know who his Dad is right?

Face   

I saw Charlie Weis down the Jersey Shore in 2012 & he looked HORRIBLE.  He was so corpulenrly fat & gross he was driving around in a scooter. His groin fat alone had to be 150+. He looked on the verge of death, pouring out sweat. This was 7 years ago. God knows what his condition is now....

tgo   
5 minutes ago, Face said:

I saw Charlie Weis down the Jersey Shore in 2012 & he looked HORRIBLE.  He was so corpulenrly fat & gross he was driving around in a scooter. His groin fat alone had to be 150+. He looked on the verge of death, pouring out sweat. This was 7 years ago. God knows what his condition is now....

Lol oh, I see.

OH,Oh,Oh!!! Can I have an NFL coaching job too???!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

DUMBEST MOVE IN NFL HISTORY!!!!

ENJOY YOUR TWILIGHT YEARS ON IR RODGERS!!!

1 hour ago, tgo said:

The more I think about it, the more I believe that hiring LaFleur was a mistake. Maybe they did it thinking they could get some of Mariota's fundamentals corrected before LaFleur left and give him an expert level intro into the Shanahan system?

And from what Mariota said (and no, I don’t have a link. I read it in a thread a while back) he had already had a firm grasp on the concepts and what-not. 

tgo   
1 minute ago, StephenIsLegend said:

And from what Mariota said (and no, I don’t have a link. I read it in a thread a while back) he had already had a firm grasp on the concepts and what-not. 

Who? Mariota?

Mariota had no clue about the offense, it's very different than anything he had done previously. And the Shanahan offense is like writing left handed for the first 8-12 games for those new to it, according to guys like Orlovsky and Cosell. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Who? Mariota?

Mariota had no clue about the offense, it's very different than anything he had done previously. And the Shanahan offense is like writing left handed for the first 8-12 games for those new to it, according to guys like Orlovsky and Cosell. 

I’m saying his more recent comments. He said he had a solid grasp on it or something around week 12, maybe?

edit - Realized the way I worded the original post was poor. My bad. 

Edited by StephenIsLegend

Stan   

I’m kinda glad he’s gone I hate in the box cordinators especially on offense. I think not having your guy calling plays on the field to go through plays and formations is idiotic. 

tgo   
Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

I’m saying his more recent comments. He said he had a solid grasp on it or something around week 12, maybe?

Oh, gotcha. 

https://www.scribd.com/document/31728013/New-England-Patriots-Offense

Here is the Patriots 03 playbook for those interested. @tgo @scine09. It looks like Weis liked getting the QB out on bootlegs, there's also a ton of 5 step drops, a lot of them quick 5 step drops with the ball coming out quickly

16 hours ago, scine09 said:

I'm serious would Mike McCarthy take a coordinator job?  He'd be my #1 target easily.  Perfect system for Mariota.

Too bad we couldn't have just traded Green Bay Lafleur for McCarthy.

tgo   

It's going to be interesting to see how the head coaching jobs fall into place, because so much is contingent on that. It's hard to even tell who is "available" without more pieces falling into place around the league.