Jonboy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

23 hours ago, tgo said:

I had no idea that the Saints converted to a ZBS in 2014. They’ve been running it for 5 years. 

This makes Pete Carmichael Jr and Joe Lombardi legitimate options imo

Edit: Carmichael is calling the plays for the Saints now, so nevermind. 

No hes not. He calls plays from time to time but Payton is the play caller and defacto OC.

2 hours ago, Face said:

It's a bit harsh that he won't let a single guy interview. Then again good for him. These guys have to worry about their own teams & winning, you can't appease every young guy. If they're good enough they'll most likely get a shot in a year or two.

I was actually thinking, it may sound ridiculous, but is this maybe an attempt to keep the job hopping in check? It really hinders teams to hire people that leave every year or two. You have LaFleur leaving & now the Titans may have to give Marcus his 5th playbook & now LaFleur is trying to raid his friends staffs. Is this possibly a message of sorts?

I can also see HC's asking for 2 year guarantees going forward, like Urban Meyer. 

Cant fault LaFluer for leaving for an NFL HC job. No way the Myer rules gets implemented either. You dont want to be the team that doesnt allow promising Coordinators to leave or you'll never get top talent.

Lafluer leaving is unfortunate but it's also an odd situation. No one thought he was getting the Packers job.

2 hours ago, Face said:

@tgo& @scine09 I know you guys felt the same, but I felt some, I don't know if tension is the right word, but LaFleur never seemed to be Vrabel's guy.  I have no evidence of this obviously, there was just sort of a weird air to their relationship. Vrabel clearly overstepped LaFleur early on but I think that was just as much about the learning process for him & feeling his way around as a HC. But I also don't think he 100% trusted MLF right off the bat. The offense clearly opened up the 2nd half of the year when it seemed Vrabel backed off a bit.

I found it interesting that it was Vrabel's decision to bench Spain in the Jets game. That's a decision you'd expect to originate from the OC.

@tgo I watch the Saints a lot. Payton delegated playcalling to Carmichael back in 2016 but then he took it back. Watch the game tomorrow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/whodatdish.com/2018/12/04/saints-offensive-coordinator-pete-carmichael-gets-mention-green-bay-job/amp/

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

@tgo I watch the Saints a lot. Payton delegated playcalling to Carmichael back in 2016 but then he took it back. Watch the game tomorrow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/whodatdish.com/2018/12/04/saints-offensive-coordinator-pete-carmichael-gets-mention-green-bay-job/amp/

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. 

I wonder if Payton would let Carmichael leave for play calling duties. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. 

I wonder if Payton would let Carmichael leave for play calling duties. 

Good question. Carmichael is a great coach. Don't forget it ran the team the year Payton was suspended for bounty gate. 

29 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Good question. Carmichael is a great coach. Don't forget it ran the team the year Payton was suspended for bounty gate. 

Right.  The problem with that team was that they had the historically worst defense.

7 hours ago, notsolegato said:

Why do you think the Titans aren't interviewing anyone? Nothing leaves the building without JR and MV wanting it to get out.

As we've learned in free agency, we don't always get what we want-- even J-Rob.

I find it intetesting that the Jaguars are hiring a power OL coach in Warhop who coached under Monken/Koetter for three years. 

Marrone is notorious for power blocking.

And then intervirewing the most purist ZBS guy of all time in Kubkiak for OC? 

Strange. Monken is a top contender for Jax OC currently. 

Edited by tgo

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

I find it intetesting that the Jaguars are hiring a power OL coach in Warhop who coached under Monken/Koetter for three years. 

Marrone is notorious for power blocking.

And then intervirewing the most purist ZBS guy of all time in Kubkiak for OC? 

Strange. Monken is a top contender for Jax OC currently.