Jonboy

Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

32 minutes ago, tgo said:

The whole college innovation thing and us not wanting to move on from any of our assistants makes me wonder about the viability of Vrabel wanting him. Plus he's still under contract on the personnel side in Denver. 

What does the last part mean exactly? Hell I’d trade a late rounder for him no joke if that’s even possible. 

Cyrus   
5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

What does the last part mean exactly? Hell I’d trade a late rounder for him no joke if that’s even possible. 

^I think that would be more than fair. 

tgo   
5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don't know - good question. 

tgo   
1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Slacker! 

I mean - they'd have to release him out of the contract and allow him to interview I'm fairly certain. 

I just don't know if they would. 

Just now, tgo said:

I mean - they'd have to release him out of the contract and allow him to interview I'm fairly certain. 

I just don't know if they would. 

I’ve just never heard of that term before for an OC. He’s under contract for personnel but not as an OC? That doesn’t make any sense to me. 

tgo   
Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’ve just never heard of that term before for an OC. He’s under contract for personnel but not as an OC? That doesn’t make any sense to me. 

?

He works in their front office as a senior personnel executive and has for the last few years since he retired as head coach. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, tgo said:

?

He works in their front office as a senior personnel executive and has for the last few years since he retired as head coach. 

Ah. They were trying to bring him back as an OC? That makes more sense. I don’t keep up with staffing like you. 

So he’s an FO guy who wants to go back to being an OC? Please pay this man whatever he wants. Vrabel needs to swallow the pride and put us in position to win a championship. Kubiak gives us that. 

Given there is now a clear philosophical difference on the best way forward for the Broncos between Elway/Kubiak, I would be surprised if Kubiak wouldn't be allowed to pursue other opportunities if he wants to.

tgo   
3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Given there is now a clear philosophical difference on the best way forward for the Broncos between Elway/Kubiak, I would be surprised if Kubiak wouldn't be allowed to pursue other opportunities if he wants to.

Yeah - I'd be curious whether he would even want to leave the area. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah - I'd be curious whether he would even want to leave the area. 

Kind of interesting he didn’t want to be a HC again. Maybe doesn’t want the stress? I mean he gets hired immediately as a HC if I’m the GM. How in the hell would Elway not let him bring in his own guys? So retarded. 

tgo   

I've considered Scangarello as an option for our opening but hadn't heard any interest in him prior to this. Interesting. 

tgo   
Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

Kind of interesting he didn’t want to be a HC again. Maybe doesn’t want the stress? I mean he gets hired immediately as a HC if I’m the GM. How in the hell would Elway not let him bring in his own guys? So retarded. 

Yeah, he wants to just coordinate an offense and coach football without the stress of everything being a HC entails.