Jonboy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

Regarding screens and Kubiak: 

As the new offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens, Gary Kubiak is envisioning shorter passes, quicker releases from his quarterbacks and a play that has been used infrequently in team history.

"I was telling John [Harbaugh] the other night: ‘You know, I think we’ve got a chance to be a pretty good screen team,'" Kubiak said. "Our guards not only are big and physical, but they can get out and run."

Screen passes can be an effective weapon. It's a high-percentage short pass to a running back that can generate yards if the offense gets downfield blocking and the defense is caught blitzing.

It's interesting to note that Kubiak isn't known for using the screen pass often. During Kubiak's eight seasons in Houston, the Texans had 163 screen passes, which ranked 20th in the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/80043/kubiak-envisions-screen-passes-for-ravens

Edited by tgo

32 minutes ago, tgo said:

The whole college innovation thing and us not wanting to move on from any of our assistants makes me wonder about the viability of Vrabel wanting him. Plus he's still under contract on the personnel side in Denver. 

What does the last part mean exactly? Hell I’d trade a late rounder for him no joke if that’s even possible. 

5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

What does the last part mean exactly? Hell I’d trade a late rounder for him no joke if that’s even possible. 

I don't know - good question. 

Just now, tgo said:

I mean - they'd have to release him out of the contract and allow him to interview I'm fairly certain. 

I just don't know if they would. 

I’ve just never heard of that term before for an OC. He’s under contract for personnel but not as an OC? That doesn’t make any sense to me. 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

I’ve just never heard of that term before for an OC. He’s under contract for personnel but not as an OC? That doesn’t make any sense to me. 

?

He works in their front office as a senior personnel executive and has for the last few years since he retired as head coach. 

Edited by tgo

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Given there is now a clear philosophical difference on the best way forward for the Broncos between Elway/Kubiak, I would be surprised if Kubiak wouldn't be allowed to pursue other opportunities if he wants to.

Yeah - I'd be curious whether he would even want to leave the area. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah - I'd be curious whether he would even want to leave the area. 

Kind of interesting he didn’t want to be a HC again. Maybe doesn’t want the stress? I mean he gets hired immediately as a HC if I’m the GM. How in the hell would Elway not let him bring in his own guys? So retarded.