Jonboy

Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

tgo   
5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I'm pretty sure I know what the differences were.

Fangio wanted to run the ball and Kubiak wanted to pass it.

The quarrel was over the Broncos wanting to go more innovative on offense with some college concepts. Along with Kubiak wanting to bring in his familiar assistants (guys like Dennison, Knapp, Pollack I'd imagine). 

tgo   

I'd bet Kubiak probably wanted one of his guys to coach the run game and OL rather than Munch. (Even though Munch is the best in the business). 

tgo   

The whole college innovation thing and us not wanting to move on from any of our assistants makes me wonder about the viability of Vrabel wanting him. Plus he's still under contract on the personnel side in Denver. 

tgo   
3 minutes ago, SuperMariota8 said:

Was Vrabel on Kubiaks staff?

No. Bill O'Brien brought him in. 

The only Vrabel connection is Pees and Kubiak were on the Baltimore staff in 2014. 

This would be the most ideal situation ever though. Kubiak could run the offense completely (Vrabel never even talks to them on gameday anyway!)

I bet the verbiage Kubiak runs is very similar to LaFleur too, the concepts certainly are. I just wonder about how many screens he runs (Vrabel loves him some screens). 

Edited by tgo

tgo   

All his dudes are available too. 

Dennison, Knapp, Pollack, Klint Kubiak. 

But unfortunately, no way I see Vrabel giving up that much power. 

2 hours ago, 8MM said:

The reason no one is being named as OC is b/c they don't want to be saddled with Marcus.

Yeah... has absolutely nothing to do with the idea the team might want to make sure to get the right guy who can keep a good bit of continuity. Because the team absolutely wants nothing to do with Marcus either. It's the main reason they held him out of the Colts game to protect him from further injury. There is absolutely no value in keeping him around, so naturally they want to do everything possible to make sure he keeps hanging around.

Cyrus   

Kubiak would be a great option for OC. Obviously any outside hire OC will want some of their own staff. I don't see why they couldn't have some division of labor, or at least have some additional offensive assistants. He would represent the greatest degree of continuity from an outside hire.

tgo   
1 minute ago, Cyrus said:

Kubiak would be a great option for OC. Obviously any outside hire OC will want some of their own staff. I don't see why they couldn't have some division of labor, or at least have some additional offensive assistants. He would represent the greatest degree of continuity from an outside hire.

Apparently, after reading some, Kubiak is resistant to RPO?

42 minutes ago, tgo said:

Fucking hire Kubiak.

Here’s my new list: 

1. Kubiak

2. Kubiak

3. Kubiak

4. Kubiak

5. Kubiak

Yep. Pay that man his money and give him whatever he wants including full control over the offense. 

tgo   

Regarding screens and Kubiak: 

As the new offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens, Gary Kubiak is envisioning shorter passes, quicker releases from his quarterbacks and a play that has been used infrequently in team history.

"I was telling John [Harbaugh] the other night: ‘You know, I think we’ve got a chance to be a pretty good screen team,'" Kubiak said. "Our guards not only are big and physical, but they can get out and run."

Screen passes can be an effective weapon. It's a high-percentage short pass to a running back that can generate yards if the offense gets downfield blocking and the defense is caught blitzing.

It's interesting to note that Kubiak isn't known for using the screen pass often. During Kubiak's eight seasons in Houston, the Texans had 163 screen passes, which ranked 20th in the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/80043/kubiak-envisions-screen-passes-for-ravens

Edited by tgo