Jonboy

Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

Maybe I am missing something but I don’t see what so exciting about Smith....he has no ties to shanahan or any of the big west coast playcallers. Having a guy call plays for an offense he has only been around for 1 year does not excite me. 

Btowner   
1 hour ago, tgo said:

Does Billy O'Brien let Sean Ryan leave? If Vrabel wanted him, why didn't he pursue him from the get go?

Last year, O’Brien let Ryan seek opportunities as an OC. He didn’t get any offers and returned to the Texans as QB coach. I’m not sure what Ryan has accomplished to be on your list. In fact, I’ve not seen anything from the Texans’ offense that wants me to hire any of their offensive coaches.

Right now, O’Brien is getting some heat to hire an OC. In four playoff games, his offenses have averaged 12 points a game and have been inconsistent throughout his tenure. The scheme has been  criticized for being  unimaginative, boring, complex, conservative and built around targeting Hopkins 10-12 times a game and running the ball.

Edited by Btowner

tgo   

Yeah, Monken is a great OC but his system is a lot different than the one we ran this last year. 

Mythos27   
6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I don't mind PK but he has really started taking unnecessary shots at people lately, even his colleagues. 

Yeah, if I was a fellow journalist I wouldn't like this all that much but from the outside it's pretty awesome (if true).

BudAdams   

This happens all of the time.  Agents use the media to drum up action for their clients. 

Monken, however, is intriguing.  Also coached Nick Mullens at Southern Miss FWIW

tgo   
17 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Jesus, PK absolutely exposed LaCanfora.

PK is just on a mission to expose LaCanfora as a fraud. 

Which he is. He's a total garbage "reporter" and just literally makes shit up or works as a mouthpiece for agents. He has horrible judgement.

CBS should fire him for consistent gross incompetence. 

On 1/8/2019 at 2:49 PM, tgo said:

With Sarkisian, we'd be able to keep Carter as the run game coach most likely, as he worked with Sarkisian. The run game concepts would probably be close to identical. 

Sarkisian's offense apparently is a short passing game with heavy play action. Who does that sound like it fits?

Does anyone have any knowledge on whether his alcohol problems persist?

Alcohol problems always persist....and I'm sure having to watch Mariota take unnecessary hits over and over wondering if he will get up will cause the problem to flare up.

tgo   

Unrelated, but I bet we’re one of these teams. We talked with him last year and he and Vrabel are close.