Jonboy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

The league's top four offenses are still playing.   It's quite likely that the Titans want to interview candidates from one or more of these teams before making a decision....but the league won't allow it until their seasons have ended.

Keep in mind, teams can only interview coaches from playoff teams during the first-round bye week.    The Titans weren't interviewing OC candidates that week because they still had LaFleur, who went to the Packers the following week.

It's possible that Smith is currently the frontrunner of the people they've talked to, but they don't want to make a decision until they've interviewed  every candidate on their list.....they just have to wait until those candidates are available.

Good read on the Andy Reid coaching tree here, can't help but wonder if the best thing for the Titans longer term is to forgo familiarity with LaFleur's/Shanahan offense for Mariota's sake, and hire someone like Chiefs QB Coach Mike Kafka who has spent a couple of years working under Reid.

56 minutes ago, enigma said:

The article below reports that the Titans did reach out to Helfrich but he declined the offer to be interviewed...

http://sportsmockery.com/2019/01/mark-helfrich-quietly-declined-job-opportunity-to-stay-in-chicago/

Kuharsky says they didn’t request permission and aren’t planning to. 

Edited by tgo

18 minutes ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Kuharsky is known to be wrong quite often. 

Eh, I’d lean toward him over sportsmockery.com. 

But nothing wrong with @enigma posting the link either - its best we have all relevant information. 

If today comes and goes with no announcement, you have to take PK’s reporting on this subject with a grain of salt at that point anyway. 

24 minutes ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Kuharsky is known to be wrong quite often. 

I mean...do any of us even know for certain if the interviewing/hiring process has even, seriously, begun just yet? As, I too am somewhat leary of his declarations regarding those the Titans might/might not be considering given that he has provided no/little substantiation for his claims. Other than the continuity for Mariota that JRob mentioned as important.

Edited by enigma

23 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

If it goes through today it’s clearly not an internal hire and we are waiting on someone. 

I wouldn’t say “clearly” just bc who knows what these loons are up to, but it would seem highly likely. 

Then again, suppose they are interested in a coach or two from these playoff teams but they want to make the hire before the senior bowl really gets in progress. There’s a scenario where they let the games play out today and then maybe the wrong teams win/lose’ making their guy unavailable, and then they go on to hire Smith tomorrow or this week. 

Honestly who fucking knows.