Jonboy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

Just now, tgo said:

Unless it's one of the Saints' guys. 

I keep coming back to Carmichael.  Former QB and WR coach, weekly scheming with Payton, has calling experience, just some things I see NO do that could work here.  Don't really see it happening, but PC keeps coming to mind.  

2 minutes ago, Titan8425 said:

I keep coming back to Carmichael.  Former QB and WR coach, weekly scheming with Payton, has calling experience, just some things I see NO do that could work here.  Don't really see it happening, but PC keeps coming to mind.  

Certainly a possibility in my opinion. 

Joe Lombardi is too but no one ever talks about him. 

47 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

You think just because someone fires someone that they're instantly not close? Or that people in the NFL get to keep jobs because they're friends? What rock do you live under? People that work/have worked in the NFL are largely like a frat. They talk all the time. I don't think Reese would say he speaks to Jrob on a regular basis just to make himself sound good. It's not far fetched to think a guy like Reese who spent a lot of time in football/NFL would talk to people who literally live in the same area and work for the same people that he once worked for doing the same damn job. 

Reese is close to JRob, not with the ownership.

Lambardi has crossed my mine.  I can see it (personally would prefer to try PC, but I'd get the move)

I think I keep coming back to PC since he's been there a freaking long time and it's about time he tried stepping out from under Daddy's shadow.

10 minutes ago, Titan8425 said:

Carmichael may decide the time is right to get off that sinking ship as this year or next is probably Brees' last. 

44 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'm guessing the first thing we'll hear about it is a post from the Titans Official Twitter via Jim Wyatt saying "Titans Announce xyz as New Offensive Coordinator and Other Coaching Changes"

Yep.

3 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

There are OC's that don't survive as coaches. MLF got hired because SMV hype is thru the roof. Teams think the system works with even mediocre QBs like Goff. But it doesn't. SMV and the Rams' success is a mirage. They're fucking stacked on defense and have maybe the best RB in the game. If you take away that D/Gurley, they're 7-9/9-7 like the rest of us. 

MLF will fall flat on his face and be on the street in 2 years. GB just doesn't have the players. They also have the highest paid NFL player in NFL history. 

If Gurley or Donald goes down for any extended period, SMV's system will fail too. There's no magic system. No magic coach. There are magical players. You find them: your coach becomes a genius. Exceptions are those mediocre players who fall into great organizations or great players who fall into terrible organizations. 

*Mahomes for example. Reid is a great coach. Chiefs fans are awesome. Mahomes has the arm of Jamarcus Russell, the mobility of Aaron Rodgers, and the composure of Russell Wilson. They also have some of the fastest receivers in the league. So yeah, Reid's system looks like a winner. 

Been saying this for years.

3 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

There are OC's that don't survive as coaches. MLF got hired because SMV hype is thru the roof. Teams think the system works with even mediocre QBs like Goff. But it doesn't. SMV and the Rams' success is a mirage. They're fucking stacked on defense and have maybe the best RB in the game. If you take away that D/Gurley, they're 7-9/9-7 like the rest of us. 

MLF will fall flat on his face and be on the street in 2 years. GB just doesn't have the players. They also have the highest paid NFL player in NFL history. 

If Gurley or Donald goes down for any extended period, SMV's system will fail too. There's no magic system. No magic coach. There are magical players. You find them: your coach becomes a genius. Exceptions are those mediocre players who fall into great organizations or great players who fall into terrible organizations. 

*Mahomes for example. Reid is a great coach. Chiefs fans are awesome. Mahomes has the arm of Jamarcus Russell, the mobility of Aaron Rodgers, and the composure of Russell Wilson. They also have some of the fastest receivers in the league. So yeah, Reid's system looks like a winner. 

See the Josh McDaniels experience in Denver and St. Louis without some guy named Brady at QB.

Brian Schottenheimer with the Jets and Rams versus the Seahawks with Russell Wilson.

1994 Oilers without Moon.

Talent is as important as scheme.