Jonboy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

It's hilarious to hear about all these other teams with OC interviews and from the Titans it's just....*crickets*.

Something tells me this hire is going to seem way out of left field. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a name we haven't even mentioned here. I don't feel like we've talked about QB coaches and/or college coaches enough. Vrabel may want new blood and not someone who's been an NFL OC before.

Didn't we learn our lesson last offseason?

1 minute ago, tgo said:

My Daily shortlist update for your amusement: 

1. Arthur Smith

2. Pat O'Hara

3. Shane Waldron

4. John DeFilippo

5. Mark Helfrich

Honorable mentions: 

Marty Morhinweg

Brian Callahan

Dave Ragone

Sean Ryan

Mike McDaniel? 

Just now, BeedoeLaw said:

Mike McDaniel? 

Removed McDaniel because the reports are that Shanahan isn't letting him leave. 

But he'd be the single best outside option imo. Can't discount the possibility that Shanahan would let him leave to a team outside the conference and for full play calling duties. 

I think Waldron will be an OC candidate in Cincinnati when the Taylor hire is made too. But McVay may only let him leave for play calling duties. 

I bet Monken ends up in Jax, Detroit, Cleveland, or Cincinnati. 

10 minutes ago, tgo said:

My Daily shortlist update for your amusement: 

1. Arthur Smith

2. Pat O'Hara

3. Shane Waldron

4. John DeFilippo

5. Mark Helfrich

Honorable mentions: 

Marty Morhinweg

Brian Callahan

Dave Ragone

Sean Ryan

Curious as to why you're leaning toward the internal guys first? I would think it would've already been done if it was going to be one of them. Plus, didn't Floyd Reese say he'd expect JRob/Vrabel to look outside the organization?

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Curious as to why you're leaning toward the internal guys first? I would think it would've already been done if it was going to be one of them. Plus, didn't Floyd Reese say he'd expect JRob/Vrabel to look outside the organization?

Well that's not necessarily what I think they will do. List is a combination of likeliness and what I think makes the most sense personally. 

I saw the report about what Floyd said, but who knows if he knows what he's talking about. While Robinson and him have had a relationship in the past, I don't think Robinson would disclose anything like that knowing Floyd is on the radio. 

And I listen to Floyd on the radio sometimes and he doesn't know what he's talking about 50% of the time. 

But who knows. I see it as a 50/50 probability at this point internal vs external hire. As far as I'm concerned, we're still totally shooting in the dark here. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

As far as I'm concerned, we're still totally shooting in the dark here. 

Ok that's kinda where I thought you were coming from. Just checking to make sure you didn't have a specific reason for feeling strongly about the internal guys.