Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

Jonboy

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I think that they likely were hampered because of Mariota's issues.  Not that he was always hurt but that they knew that the injury could come back very easily, as it did.

Warren Sharpe did the stretch after the bye before the Skins injury and it was still a higher %

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

Just now, scine09 said:

I think that they likely were hampered because of Mariota's issues.  Not that he was always hurt but that they knew that the injury could come back very easily, as it did.

He was playing hurt most of the year.

But I think the propensity to run first was about more than just that. 

If you recall heading into last year the team said Mariota was the healthiest he had been since entering the league. 

He's essentially been playing hurt his entire 4 year career

2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If you recall heading into last year the team said Mariota was the healthiest he had been since entering the league. 

He's essentially been playing hurt his entire 4 year career

True!

22 minutes ago, TeamRamrod27 said:

Apparently Aaron Kromer got charged with punching a child in the face and threatening to kill his family a few years ago? Lol. I have slight memories of the incident.

missread

Edited by Number9

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

He was playing hurt most of the year.

But I think the propensity to run first was about more than just that. 

I'd like to think that had almost all to do with it.  

I understood it in both Jax games and the NYG games.  The others I did not.  The worst was the Buffalo game.  Mariota had just played the game of his life and they came out conservative.  That was easily Vrabel's low point of the season.  When you play a team like that you bury them early.  They came out throwing, Taylor fumbled and it was really uphill from there.  And then of course they put the ball in Mariota's hands, he came through twice but it never should have gotten to that point.

Couple notes on Morhinweg: 

He actually does prefer the zone blocking OL scheme. He butted heads with Rex Ryan frequently though, because Rex wanted him to run the ball more. Just read that Harbaugh commanded him to the run the ball more as well. 

Edited by tgo