Jonboy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

Just now, tgo said:

I lean this way as well and I find this most likely. 

However, we can't just take this for granted. 

If they are not committed wholesale to Mariota, they may see things differently. 

Wonder if they would consider trading Mariota even though his stock is at an all time low. 

I've thrown out some possibilities lately, but a couple names I hadn't mentioned are: Adam Gase and Freddie Kitchens. 

If we were to open it up and consider switching back to a power scheme, some Patriots and Saints folks could be looked at. 

Like Pete Carmichael (who doesn't currently call plays) and Dan Campbell, or Chad O'Shea if McDaniels were to not get a new gig. 

Right now, my just knee jerk list, with the idea of keeping the scheme intact include: 

1. Pat O'Hara

2. Mike McDaniel

3. Sean Ryan

4. Rick Dennison

5. Adam Gase (similar run scheme to a degree, different passing scheme). 

Kevin Stefanski is another name I'm going to look into a little more. 

I bet it ends up being someone we haven't even zeroed in on. God forbid someone like Steve Sarkisian. 

@tgo I just did a quick google search and decide to look at some of the people who've worked with or for the same coaches as McVay but don't run his exact style. And assuming we can't steal Defilipo I think Kevin O'Connell may be a solid option. He's the passing game coordinator for the Redskins. He's worked under Chip Kelly, DeFellipo, and Jay Gruden. He's a former qb who played under Belichick and Kavanaugh (who is the current OC for the redskins). 

I'd be interested in him and maybe bringing in Orlovsky as a potential passing game coordinator. 

Edited by Thrill

Just now, tgo said:

I've thrown out some possibilities lately, but a couple names I hadn't mentioned are: Adam Gase and Freddie Kitchens. 

If we were to open it up and consider switching back to a power scheme, some Patriots and Saints folks could be looked at. 

Like Pete Carmichael (who doesn't currently call plays) and Dan Campbell, or Chad O'Shea if McDaniels were to not get a new gig. 

Right now, my just knee jerk list, with the idea of keeping the scheme intact include: 

1. Pat O'Hara

2. Mike McDaniel

3. Sean Ryan

4. Rick Dennison

5. Adam Gase (similar run scheme to a degree, different passing scheme). 

Kevin Stefanski is another name I'm going to look into a little more. 

I bet it ends up being someone we haven't even zeroed in on. God forbid someone like Steve Sarkisian. 

Who's your favorite of the group? I wonder how respected Gase is as a playcaller around the league? He didn't seem to do well as the lead guy, but I know many talk about his football mind being one of the best. 

Just now, Thrill said:

@tgo I just did a quick google search and decide to look at some of the people who've worked with or for the same coaches as McVay but don't run his exact style. And assuming we can't steal Defilipo I think Kevin O'Connell may be a solid option. He's the passing game coordinator for the Redskins. He's worked under Chip Kelly, DeFellipo, and Jay Gruden. He's a former qb who played under Bellichek and Kavanaugh (who is the current OC for the redskins). 

I'd be interested in him and maybe bringing in Orlovsky as a potential passing game coordinator. 

I've actually done some research on O'Connell when Vrabel was first hired. He was a teammate of Vrabel.