Jump to content
Jonboy

Schefter: Packers to Hire LaFleur

Recommended Posts

Mythos27   
On 1/9/2019 at 8:45 PM, japan said:

Who knows?  Cam played most of the year with a busted shoulder and had trouble throwing certain passes.  But, he gave that team the best chance to win and contend. 

Conklin also played like shit most of the season due to a knee that wasn't 100% and lied about it all the way through. People complain that players won't play hurt and then bitch when they play hurt and don't play up to their ability. Yet another example of why the Mariota conversation should be more about health than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
On 1/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, japan said:

That’s not at all what I’m saying. Odds are he fails and we move on. But you not being able to admit he was hurt the whole season is bizarre. 

You would think OM had never thrown a football before, the farther you want to throw the ball the harder you have to grip it. Pretty sure his grip strength was all over the place the whole year but he found a way to play with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
6 minutes ago, Huston said:

You would think OM had never thrown a football before, the farther you want to throw the ball the harder you have to grip it. Pretty sure his grip strength was all over the place the whole year but he found a way to play with it.

This numbers were about the same as last year compared to relative distance each year

 

As far as me throwing a football

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
1 minute ago, Huston said:

How do you not understand that would effect his numbers lol.

How do you not understand his numbers were about the same compared to distance each of the last two years? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

How do you not understand his numbers were about the same compared to distance each of the last two years? lol

So that proves he wasn't hurt and could throw the ball just fine in your world lol, you will never understand football by living and dying on stats. Anyone with eyes and common sense could see that he couldn't make some throws and that influenced the play calling.  Remember the plays you kept say were there and he wouldn't throw the ball, do you think that could have been a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 7:10 PM, OILERMAN said:

BTW, he must have had the same injury in 2017 and half of 2016

 

27 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

How do you not understand his numbers were about the same compared to distance each of the last two years? lol

I think I understand why you are beating this drum repeatedly.  However, we know you know it is more complex than simple "skill/talent."  NFL fans expect players to improve with experience because they can make faster decisions the more repetitions they get.  

 

If we go back and look at those teams in 2016 and 2017, I imagine we will see some MAJOR changes that affect the offense.  For each year, and let's throw in 2018, let's look at some positions and decide if the variables effect the offense as a whole (and if certain variables lead to stacking/multiplying affects).

 

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator

QB

WRs (particularly #1 WR)

TE

OL (we can look at number of starters to determine how frequently someone may have played out of position)

 

--

Without even making the list, I know that the team struggled with injuries at QB, TE, WR, and the OL.  There have also been a number of OCs/Playcallers.  

By ignoring these changes and heaping the most importance on Mariota's performance through these changes/injuries (w/o taking them into consideration), it seems more like an agenda.  

 

In my opinion, the best argument against Mariota is one about health.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/46714/damn-thats-a-nice-jump-how-matt-lafleur-went-from-ashland-to-nfl

 

This is a great read. 

 

Thought this was interesting: 

 

Quote from Kyle Shanahan: 

 

"He went from a great situation offensively with Sean to not the easiest one...."

 

Hmmmmmm. What do you guys think he means by this? 😂

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jonboy   
1 minute ago, tgo said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/46714/damn-thats-a-nice-jump-how-matt-lafleur-went-from-ashland-to-nfl

 

This is a great read. 

 

Thought this was interesting: 

 

Quote from Kyle Shanahan: 

 

"He went from a great situation offensively with Sean to not the easiest one...."

 

Hmmmmmm. What do you guys think he means by this? 😂

Yikes. 

 

Probably referring to Mariota, but almost sounds like Vrabel from that quote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
2 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Yikes. 

 

Probably referring to Mariota, but almost sounds like Vrabel from that quote. 

Either way it ain't good!

 

On one hand, maybe people aren't tripping over themselves to come take our OC job. 

 

On the other hand, maybe they see it as a stepping stone to a HC job because of having to navigate adversity! Hah. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Yikes. 

 

Probably referring to Mariota, but almost sounds like Vrabel from that quote. 

LaFleur addressed this in recent interviews, he was referring to the injury situation surrounding Mariota and not knowing week to week how that nerve injury was going to affect the game plan, mentioned it was great he was pushed outside his comfort zone and forced him to adapt quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

LaFleur addressed this in recent interviews, he was referring to the injury situation surrounding Mariota and not knowing week to week how that nerve injury was going to affect the game plan, mentioned it was great he was pushed outside his comfort zone and forced him to adapt quickly.

Uhhhhh yeah, but the perspective that Kyle Shanhan seems to be offering is before Mariota's injury, to the situation of accepting the job itself from the beginning. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...