Schefter: Packers to Hire LaFleur

Jonboy

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Why did he keep playing?

Hard to tell, best guess is at that point it was determined he wasn't at risk of doing further permanent damage.

Still think the MRI taken after the hit in the Redskins game showed something new, in his round of interviews today JRob confirmed the final diagnosis from Dr Watkins wasn't received until very late in the week leading into the final game against the Colts.

Injuries aside there are certainly major issues with inconsistency of play from Mariota, but I have no idea how you grade year 4 when he was obviously hampered by that nerve issue.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a huge blow to Mariota. Wow.

Wake up. He'll now have 4 OCs in 5 years. No QB regardless of talent can develop under those circumstances.

Whiz to Michael to Robiskie to LaFleur to ???   That combined with the injuries makes it almost impossible for a young QB to develop.    One or two changes, sure. But he's about

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, japan said:

That’s not at all what I’m saying. Odds are he fails and we move on. But you not being able to admit he was hurt the whole season is bizarre. 

He was healthy enough to play and produce after the bye until the Skins injury, and played well at times. 

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I have no idea how you grade year 4 when he was obviously hampered by that nerve issue.

You look at the entire body of work. You see what he does in year 5

27 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

He was healthy enough to play and produce after the bye until the Skins injury, and played well at times. 

Who knows?  Cam played most of the year with a busted shoulder and had trouble throwing certain passes.  But, he gave that team the best chance to win and contend. 

On 1/9/2019 at 8:45 PM, japan said:

Who knows?  Cam played most of the year with a busted shoulder and had trouble throwing certain passes.  But, he gave that team the best chance to win and contend. 

Conklin also played like shit most of the season due to a knee that wasn't 100% and lied about it all the way through. People complain that players won't play hurt and then bitch when they play hurt and don't play up to their ability. Yet another example of why the Mariota conversation should be more about health than anything else.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:12 PM, japan said:

That’s not at all what I’m saying. Odds are he fails and we move on. But you not being able to admit he was hurt the whole season is bizarre. 

You would think OM had never thrown a football before, the farther you want to throw the ball the harder you have to grip it. Pretty sure his grip strength was all over the place the whole year but he found a way to play with it.

6 minutes ago, Huston said:

You would think OM had never thrown a football before, the farther you want to throw the ball the harder you have to grip it. Pretty sure his grip strength was all over the place the whole year but he found a way to play with it.

This numbers were about the same as last year compared to relative distance each year

As far as me throwing a football

1 minute ago, Huston said:

How do you not understand that would effect his numbers lol.

How do you not understand his numbers were about the same compared to distance each of the last two years? lol

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

How do you not understand his numbers were about the same compared to distance each of the last two years? lol

So that proves he wasn't hurt and could throw the ball just fine in your world lol, you will never understand football by living and dying on stats. Anyone with eyes and common sense could see that he couldn't make some throws and that influenced the play calling.  Remember the plays you kept say were there and he wouldn't throw the ball, do you think that could have been a reason.

On 1/9/2019 at 7:10 PM, OILERMAN said:

BTW, he must have had the same injury in 2017 and half of 2016

27 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I think I understand why you are beating this drum repeatedly.  However, we know you know it is more complex than simple "skill/talent."  NFL fans expect players to improve with experience because they can make faster decisions the more repetitions they get.  

If we go back and look at those teams in 2016 and 2017, I imagine we will see some MAJOR changes that affect the offense.  For each year, and let's throw in 2018, let's look at some positions and decide if the variables effect the offense as a whole (and if certain variables lead to stacking/multiplying affects).

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator

QB

WRs (particularly #1 WR)

TE

OL (we can look at number of starters to determine how frequently someone may have played out of position)

--

Without even making the list, I know that the team struggled with injuries at QB, TE, WR, and the OL.  There have also been a number of OCs/Playcallers.  

By ignoring these changes and heaping the most importance on Mariota's performance through these changes/injuries (w/o taking them into consideration), it seems more like an agenda.  

In my opinion, the best argument against Mariota is one about health.  

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/46714/damn-thats-a-nice-jump-how-matt-lafleur-went-from-ashland-to-nfl

This is a great read. 

Thought this was interesting: 

Quote from Kyle Shanahan: 

"He went from a great situation offensively with Sean to not the easiest one...."

Hmmmmmm. What do you guys think he means by this? ?

Edited by tgo