Schefter: Packers to Hire LaFleur

Jonboy

1 minute ago, reo said:

I'd be curious about him but I think Vrabel wants a guy that'll Taylor the offense for the personnel at least until they get better personnel. Not sure if DeFillipo tried to do that in MN.

But I admittedly wasn't paying attention to then.

Vrabel does want scheme versatility though. 

DeFillipo actually had the Vikes pass offense rolling . They just had some bad luck losing games early in the season.  

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a huge blow to Mariota. Wow.

Wake up. He'll now have 4 OCs in 5 years. No QB regardless of talent can develop under those circumstances.

Whiz to Michael to Robiskie to LaFleur to ???   That combined with the injuries makes it almost impossible for a young QB to develop.    One or two changes, sure. But he's about

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Odds are they hire someone from the same coaching tree - which stems mostly from Mike/Kyle Shanahan.  A number of teams in the NFL run this system. 

It's not ideal but 75% of the playbook is the same across the NFL anyhow. 

You must have missed the previous thread discussing this. Most of the Shanahan/McVay tree is either already an OC/HC or hasn't had near the level of qualifications as LeFleur did. McVay and Shanny don't have OC's and most of their staffs are pretty green comparatively. It's not going to be a simple swap. 

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

Whiz to Michael to Robiskie to LaFleur to ???

That combined with the injuries makes it almost impossible for a young QB to develop. 

You're talking in vagaries. Could it be a problem? Yes. Has it been a problem? Wouldn't be surprised. Will it be a problem from now until Jesus comes back? We don't know. Mariota has endured all that shit so far.

Vrabel may have a background in defense, but he's made a lot of good decisions for the team so far, as has Robinson. They will do what's best for Mariota and for the offense as a whole.

It's just so tiring this wringing of hands. It's like visiting a mental hospital for fun reading all this shit. LaFleur hasn't even signed a contract with GB yet and already Mariota is doomed. It's ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, 52O said:

This proves the league thinks Mariotas a loser and lafleurs shitty you passing o they are willing to overlook cuz mary 

lol

I think this proves they found a HC candidate willing to bend over backwards for a diva QB.  

Who were the idiots that kept bitching when I and many others kept insisting he was outta here pretty quick?

You don't walk away from one of the best teams in the NFL for if you don't have aspirations to grow your career as quickly as possible.... along with work with the best QB in the game.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Who were the idiots that kept bitching when I and many others kept insisting he was in this for himself.

You don't walk away from one of the best teams in the NFL for if you don't have aspirations to grow your career as quickly as possible.... along with work with the best QB in the game.

Cant fault him. Have take opportunity when it comes calling.

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Who were the idiots that kept bitching when I and many others kept insisting he was in this for himself.

Everyone knew he wanted a HC spot... most just hoped it'd take more than a year.

1 minute ago, reo said:

Everyone knew he wanted a HC spot... most just hoped it'd take more than a year.

No, there were literally people saying that because of his personality they figured he'd want to be a career OC (and ironically used DLB as a comparison, even though he was a HC at times)

Obviously it was them convincing themselves otherwise, but there are people who are likely somehow completely shocked by this.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

As for Mariota, produce or GTFO. Plenty of QBs learned an offense and did well right out of the gates. I'd guess they keep things close to the same anyway. They may not even change the offense. 

How lucky is LaFleur? From Pinto to Lamborghini!