Beddingfield's Roster Review

Jonboy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's so obvious which players he wanted and which players he didn't during his time here. I personally think he's way too high on Marcus and he almost completely absolves him of blame for his struggle

Here are a few of my takeaways, but this is definitely one you should read for yourself.    https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/scout-s-take-the-full-titans-roster-review-you-need  

I think his Mariota assessment was spot on - the adage about the quarterback taking too much blame (and too much credit) is apropos here. I liked Corey Davis coming out and am still glad that they pic

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Yikes. 

Told you.  They value Conklin highly.  What he did this season coming back so soon because they told him they needed him probably meant more the FO and staff than his struggles.

Edited by japan

16 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Going ridiculous for a second, but I would sign Kelly, start Conklin, and shop one of them when tackles start dropping. We need to load up for 2020 when we are drafting a QB in round 1. 

The accumulating of draft assets for 2020 is one thing I will be watching for this offseason, if JRob trades back in the draft or trades away a player or two for 2020 picks instead of 2019 picks it will be very telling about how confident they are that Mariota will ever get that long term extension here. 

14 minutes ago, japan said:

Told you.  They value Conklin highly.  What he did this season coming back so soon because they told him they needed him probably meant more the FO and staff than his struggles.

What? 

What are you talking about? 

What does his 5th year option number have to do with this? 

They haven’t exercised it and won’t until May. 

Edited by tgo

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The accumulating of draft assets for 2020 is one thing I will be watching for this offseason, if JRob trades back in the draft or trades away a player or two for 2020 picks instead of 2019 picks it will be very telling about how confident they are that Mariota will ever get that long term extension here. 

I was trolling a bit for a while about cutting Marcus, but the point is there’s simply no way he’s even close to deserving a big contract, even if he has a decent 19. That’s why I would sign him now if he’ll take the deal at around 20 a year with team options  similar to the Kaep and Bortles contract. If we aren’t looking to draft his immediate replacement in the draft this year then that’s the move imo

As ive maintained the worse thing to happen for us as a franchise is for Marcus to have a solid year, get a 26 million + contract with a ton of guaranteed money, and then go right back to being injured and inconsistent. If that happens we are missing out on a very deep and talented QB pool in 2020.

These 3k seasons aren’t going to cut it. I think he could be money in the playoffs, but we have to get there first. It’s a tough position, which is why I understand they’re just going to let it play out, but that’s a dangerous move if he blows up and demands a huge contract. Tough to say what to do, but I honestly think letting him just play out the fifth year option is a bad move unless we are picking a QB round one this year. Hopefully I’m wrong. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Tough to say what to do, but I honestly think letting him just play out the fifth year option is a bad move unless we are picking a QB round one this year. Hopefully I’m wrong. 

That recurring nerve/stinger issue probably rules out any chance of any type of long term deal this offseason.

17 minutes ago, tgo said:

What? 

What are you talking about? 

What does his 5th year option number have to do with this? 

They haven’t exercised it and won’t until May. 

You were saying they should/would think about trading him in the offseason!!!!

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

That recurring nerve/stinger issue probably rules out any chance of any type of long term deal this offseason.

I know, but then what’s the plan? Hope he has a good season so we can pay him more than he’s worth and miss out on the 2020 QBs? It’s a tough spot. 

14 minutes ago, japan said:

You were saying they should/would think about trading him in the offseason!!!!

Yes....and? 

The number is the average of the top 10 OTs....

That’s what they would have to pay if him they choose to exercise the option.

Same concept as the franchise tag. 

My point previously was that the 5th year option and subsequently what they’ll have to pay him long term could be unaffordable and may really exceed his value to the team, so they may have to think about trading him.

He’ll need to have a pro bowl type season this year to justify that number or to earn the lucrative extension that he’ll demand. 

Edited by tgo