Jonboy

Beddingfield's Roster Review

tgo   

And here's part of what he said about Jack Conklin: 

"A big decision will have to be made on his fifth-year option. That will be a very expensive sum for an above-average right tackle. Will Jon Robinson allow his first ever draft choice to walk or try to re-sign him to a reasonable long-term contract. This is the issue with drafting solid but not dynamic players who don’t play a premium position in the top 10. They will have to be paid at some point like a top tier player."

scine09   
4 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Here are a few of my takeaways, but this is definitely one you should read for yourself. 

QB

Mariota

- Franchise QB who gives you a chance to win every week...when healthy.

- Holds ball too long when protection breaks down, needs to correct this offseason

- A winner and championship QB, but needs consistency in coaches and players around him

- Needs more playmakers around him

Working on adding more takeaways to this post as we speak...

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/scout-s-take-the-full-titans-roster-review-you-need

I can't wait to hear the "experts'" take on that.

I swore off any Mariota related posts for a while but I do want to see the reaction to this one.

scine09   
Just now, CreepingDeath said:

It's today's Mariota thread!  

"One of" today's Mariota threads.

He basically echoes my sentiments on Mariota. 

OILERMAN   
4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I swore off any Mariota related posts for a while but I do want to see the reaction to this one.

We'll see 

scine09   
Just now, OILERMAN said:

We'll see 

What?  Whether I'm able to not make posts in the Mariota threads?  Or what the naysayers will say?

japan   
3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

While Beddingfield started off as an Oilerman source, he quickly soured on him and he may have even called him incompetent. 

scine09   
Just now, Jonboy said:

It's so obvious which players he wanted and which players he didn't during his time here. I personally think he's way too high on Marcus and he almost completely absolves him of blame for his struggles. The injuries are barely even mentioned and yet that's a massive part of being a franchise QB.

That's not true.  His first 3 sentences are almost all about his injury issues.

tgo   
3 minutes ago, scine09 said:

To be fair, 

Beddingfield loves Mariota, Henry, Spain. 

Hates: Davis, Lewis, Stocker. 

Any take he offers will always reflect these biases regardless of situation. 

japan   
1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

It's so obvious which players he wanted and which players he didn't during his time here. I personally think he's way too high on Marcus and he almost completely absolves him of blame for his struggles. The injuries are barely even mentioned and yet that's a massive part of being a franchise QB.

He says the word health twice in the first sentence of the article.

OILERMAN   
1 minute ago, japan said:

While Beddingfield started off as an Oilerman source, he quickly soured on him and he may have even called him incompetent. 

It's pretty obvious like jonboy just posted, he's clearly biased in regards to being connected to certain players. 

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

And here's part of what he said about Jack Conklin: 

"A big decision will have to be made on his fifth-year option. That will be a very expensive sum for an above-average right tackle. Will Jon Robinson allow his first ever draft choice to walk or try to re-sign him to a reasonable long-term contract. This is the issue with drafting solid but not dynamic players who don’t play a premium position in the top 10. They will have to be paid at some point like a top tier player."

Based on what we’ve seen from Conklin, I think you exercise the option and see how he does in year 4. If he plays poorly, you can cut him before the option kicks in with no adverse effects.