Boclair: No Good Answers on Mariota

Jonboy

9 minutes ago, Smokes said:

After about a decade and a half of injury prone below average QB play it's not a matter of being fickle.

One gets experienced at recognizing it after that much time.

Haha yeah it is. People around here flip flop from all in on MM to hating him. Its hilarious to watch  :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watson isnt that far ahead of Mariota; flawed premise.

Hes not. What he does better is throw the 50/50 ball. Hopkins make it easy.

Watson looks like crap today in a home playoff game. I'd take MM over Watson any day.

1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

If you want to argue hypotheticals, resurrect Jeanne Dixon.

It's just a question, we know the Titans record, I'd just like you to answer how'd you thank the Colts would fair?

4 minutes ago, reo said:

Haha yeah it is. People around here flip flop from all in on MM to hating him. Its hilarious to watch  :)

This was always going to be the year where the worm would turn for me personally if injuries were still an issue.

I could forgive a rough start with the scheme change.

With three out of four years being unavailable before the end of week sixteen is just too unreliable.

23 minutes ago, Smokes said:

It's just a question, we know the Titans record, I'd just like you to answer how'd you thank the Colts would fair?

I don't argue hypotheticals.  It's a pointless and stupid practice.

I know it's one many of you engage in around here, and that's kind of my point.

Go find someone else to disagree with over things that haven't happened yet and may not ever happen at all.

2 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I don't argue hypotheticals.  It's a pointless and stupid practice.

I know it's one many of you engage in around here, and that's kind of my point.

Go find someone else to disagree with over things that haven't happened yet and may not ever happen at all.

You constantly augure hypotheticals about Marcus.

It's just a question.

Edited by Smokes

7 hours ago, ap24786 said:

Looking at only TDs and INTs is flawed  Mariota posted the same number of TDs Watson did in his first two years. Watson had good receivers, and Mariota had a good offensive line at least for year 2. Mariotas OL and running game has regressed without the team adding much at receiver. So let's see how it plays out. 

You realize watson threw 19 tds and 8 int is 6.5 games his rookie season. Mariota threw 19 tds and 10 ints in 12 games of his rookie season. I think if watson would have blew past mariotas td total if he had 6 more games especially last season when theyre offense was in rare form and scoring with ease.

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

By the way, Andrew Luck came back from a severe injury and his first year in a new offense and absolutely dominated.

Shhh. The homers will blame our oline. The one that finished 9th in the league overall by pff with injury issues and going thru a blocking scheme transition. It was so horrible Mariota had no time all season to get any passes off.

10 hours ago, oldschool said:

Hes not. What he does better is throw the 50/50 ball. Hopkins make it easy.

I will say Watson also is much more willing to throw it, which you have to credit him for. But when Mariota is going well I think he's quite a bit better then Watson is. Maybe I'm an optimist, perhaps homer, but I saw this season much different then most. I saw a 24 year old QB who underwent some mechanical changes & then had a bizarre nerve injury on Opening Day that really affected his grip. That's a lot to deal with, in a brand new offense with an OL that struggled terribly for most of the year against a brutal schedule.

With all that considered he finished the year with a 69% completion% & about a 93 rating. You take away the 2 picks on Opening Day when he never should've been in & 1 or 2 horrible drops for TD's don't happen, the kid is close to a 100 rating. For a good part of the year he was incredibly accurate, at times it seemed like he only missed when the ball fluttered out of his hand. 

I've had no problem getting after Marcus when he's played bad. Shit people were getting mad at me in 2016 for being overly critical. But I just see this very differently then the majority of the board. I don't see this as some crucible, where his future as Titans QB is very much in doubt. I think the staff & FO absolutely consider him "their guy", excluding of course any unexpected bad news with the nerve issue.

3 hours ago, Smokes said:

After about a decade and a half of injury prone below average QB play it's not a matter of being fickle.

One gets experienced at recognizing it after that much time.

So you're saying it's not just Marcus?  Must be something about that Nashville air that makes everyone get injured.  One more reason he needs to get out.