LaFleur the favorite to land the Cardinals, Packers, or Jets job...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree. I think LaFleur was much better then the fan base thinks. It was ugly early on & quite frankly I don't think Vrabel helped. For some reason I think there was friction early on, and interfer

May the curse of a thousand shrunken heads fall upon your family tree.

Keep in mind...Vrabel was only a the Texans’ DC for a year, and I believe his D ranked dead last in the league.  But he’s shaping up to be a pretty darned good HC, IMO.     If LaFleur does e

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I still don’t see it but if he leaves then they just need to hire someone who runs the same system.

Take one of the eagles, chiefs, 49ers, or Rams guys. Most of them haven’t ever called plays though because of the coaching situation so we would have the same growing pains as we did with LeFleur. 

Wow. This is a little surprising considering he’s kind of a quiet guy who didn’t interview well and came off a poor statistical year (a year that was probably better than it should have been considering the smoke and mirrors he had to employ with a QB who couldn’t throw because of injury and a RB who couldn’t figure out how to run until late in the season.)

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Why would a guy with only 1 year experience doing so much as calling plays (and not good results from that 1 year) be a head coaching favorite?

I mean, it could happen, but his resume is short...

The duration matters very little. Sean Payton was only OC for year and a half and had his job taken by the head coach during the last season. 

13 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Why would a guy with only 1 year experience doing so much as calling plays (and not good results from that 1 year) be a head coaching favorite?

I mean, it could happen, but his resume is short...

Keep in mind...Vrabel was only a the Texans’ DC for a year, and I believe his D ranked dead last in the league.  But he’s shaping up to be a pretty darned good HC, IMO.  

If LaFleur does end up leaving...I hear  Terry Robiskie might be available for interviews.

We had a lot of posts calling for him to be let go.  

This is the one drawback from having a defensive HC, who knows if we can get somebody who can/wants to just run ML's old playbook.