9 Nines

Blue Flu - American Airports fixing to come to a halt

ctm   

The senate passed a bill to reopen the government.  Paul Ryan, on his way out the door, refuse to bring the bill to a vote.  Now McConnell has virtually the same bill on his desk that they already voted for to reopen the government and he refuses to vote.  These people are cowards.  This is how republican government functions.  They can't govern.

25 minutes ago, ctm said:

The senate passed a bill to reopen the government.  Paul Ryan, on his way out the door, refuse to bring the bill to a vote.  Now McConnell has virtually the same bill on his desk that they already voted for to reopen the government and he refuses to vote.  These people are cowards.  This is how republican government functions.  They can't govern.

Not only did the Senate pass it, they passed it 100-0...

1 hour ago, ctm said:

They can’t make their boy look like a fool. Both houses of Congress pass a bill and the president refuses to sign 100% puts it on him. At the very least, right now, he can say “I can’t sign a bill because a bill hasn’t bee produced to me.”

ctm   
3 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

They can’t make their boy look like a fool. Both houses of Congress pass a bill and the president refuses to sign 100% puts it on him. At the very least, right now, he can say “I can’t sign a bill because a bill hasn’t bee produced to me.”

He doesn't need their help to look like a fool.  Two-thirds of the country already know this.

OILERMAN   
6 minutes ago, ctm said:

He doesn't need their help to look like a fool.  Two-thirds of the country already know this.

I'd argue everyone knows it, 1/3rd won't admit it

ctm   
43 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I'd argue everyone knows it, 1/3rd won't admit it

You have posters here that are still trying to fight the last war......Trump vs. Hillary.

They haven't moved to the current situation.   Their choice now is Trump or Pence.  Which one do they really want to go to battle with in 2020?  That's the choice.

Edited by ctm

ctm   

Security lines at airports across the country are starting to grow long as nationwide action from Transportation Security Agency (TSA) workers starts to take its toll. On Friday, CNN reported that the agency, which is responsible for operating security checkpoints at airports across the country, was suffering from staffing shortages as a function of the government shutdown. According to the report, TSA agents have been calling in sick in record numbers during the shutdown in protest of withheld pay. Frontline staff at the agency have worked without pay since the shutdown began, though they expect to be paid in full after the government resumes operations.

The shutdown is also affecting staffing levels in air traffic control towers, though those absences have been less in the public eye.

Starting on Sunday, the sickouts appeared to be having an impact on wait times at a handful of typically-busy security checkpoints.

At New York's LaGuardia airport, passengers passing through Terminal C, which is primarily inhabited by Delta Air Lines, were subject to wait times of around 90 minutes. TSA Precheck, the service that typically expedites pre-cleared passengers through security, was also closed at that checkpoint.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/grantmartin/2019/01/07/airport-security-lines-grow-across-the-nation-as-tsa-sickout-continues/#63a082965baa

There were also long lines reported in Seattle/Tacoma and Salt Lake City according to the article.