• Offensive Tackles
    • Outside Linebackers
    • Inside Linebackers
    • Corner Backs
    • Safeties
    • Running Backs

tgo   
19 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Every scheme needs pass rushers. Gtfo with that nonsense.

Take a look at the Ravens DL under Pees. Look at the Patriots DL. Texans DL minus Watt. 

abc2330   
1 hour ago, JoelinBellevue said:

He dropped back far fewer times than anyone in the league. Percentage wise he had the most hits.

Bullshit.  Seattle attempted 10 fewer passes and allowed 25 more hits.

15 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Bullshit.  Seattle attempted 10 fewer passes and allowed 25 more hits.

Where did you get that shit?

Wilson had 427 pass attempts and Mariota only 331.

As a team, SEA had 10 more pass attempts and only 4 more sacks than TN.

abc2330   
1 hour ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Where did you get that shit?

Wilson had 427 pass attempts and Mariota only 331.

As a team, SEA had 10 more pass attempts and only 4 more sacks than TN.

Seattle had the fewest passing attempts in the league.  I'm talking about QB hits, not plays where Mariota held onto the ball and took a sack without any intention of throwing it. 

Houston only attempted 69 more passes, but allowed 56 more hits.  Miami had 18 more attempts, but allowed 37 more hits.  SF had 95 more attempts, but around 50 more hits as well.  Saying we allowed the highest percent of QB hits is just bullshit.

Mariota took sacks at over 2.5 times the rate that Gabbert did.  If he knew how to get rid of the ball and have similar success at not taking sacks, we would have allowed roughly 22 sacks this year.

Edited by abc2330

15 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Seattle had the fewest passing attempts in the league.  I'm talking about QB hits, not plays where Mariota held onto the ball and took a sack without any intention of throwing it. 

Houston only attempted 69 more passes, but allowed 56 more hits.  Miami had 18 more attempts, but allowed 37 more hits.  SF had 95 more attempts, but around 50 more hits as well.  Saying we allowed the highest percent of QB hits is just bullshit.

Mariota took sacks at over 2.5 times the rate that Gabbert did.  If he knew how to get rid of the ball and have similar success at not taking sacks, we would have allowed roughly 22 sacks this year.

Care to share where you're getting these stats?

I'm not saying they're wrong, but it would be nice to see the references.

abc2330   
5 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Care to share where you're getting these stats?

I'm not saying they're wrong, but it would be nice to see the references.

NFL.com.

As for that last bit, I used my accounting super powers to come to some sort of conclusion.  Basically, for every 10 attempts that MM makes, he takes 1.27 sacks (42 sacks/331 attempts).  So even at 34 attempts per game, which is around the average for the league, he would take around 69 sacks over the season (!!!!)

Meanwhile, Gabbert has 101 attempts and has suffered 5 sacks, so he takes half a sack per 10 attempts.  If he were to attempt 34 passes per game (not that we want Gabbert throwing the ball this much), he would take around 27 sacks per season.  We only attempt about 27 passes per game, so that would give us 22 sacks on the year at this rate.

Either this line is a bunch of Guess Who popups posing as offensive linemen, or the QB is an issue.

33 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Either this line is a bunch of Guess Who popups posing as offensive linemen, or the QB is an issue.

For roughly 12 weeks, they looked a lot like the popups you speak of.

Or did you miss that part?

ETA: I'm still not finding QB hits, even at NFL.com,...   Gotta link?

Edited by TitanDuckFan

Mythos27   
5 hours ago, tgo said:

Some of us addressed this point a few weeks ago. Lewis is more of a power/gap scheme type of back and isn't really cut out for a zone scheme ideally. 

But his prowess in the screen game and pass game kind of negates that to an extent and makes him worth it. 

Yeah I've seen that but @TitanDuckFan was the first I've seen to use that thought to explain why Lewis didn't benefit as much as Henry from the OL's improvement.It's something that's been bothering me for  while now and he framed that idea very well. Most people just explained the disparity away by saying "because Lewis sucks" which bullshit. That said, if Duck is right then that makes Lewis a bit of a mis-fit for this running scheme. Your point about his prowess in the passing is well taken but I think you'd agree that ideally our 3rd down back should be a guy that is also a running threat. Surely we can find a pass receiving back with an affinity for the zone running game in the middle of the draft. It seems that college football is littered with guys like that.

Went interior OL mainly because he extended Kline who clearly struggled and insulted Spain who had a good year. I think we have some good young guys that can develop but for this year he miscalculated. 

Downtown   

Well, we needed one more win to make the playoffs. The WR position really let us down and (sadly) if Matthews were our No. 2, we would have most likely won 2 additional games. So looking at that dumpster fire of a situation, you gotta say WR was the biggest let-down or miscalculation. 

5 hours ago, tgo said:

The defensive scheme we're currently running doesn't require pass rushers at NT and 5 technique. 

Jones is a decent 3-4 End. I'd still take Raekwom Davis if he's there when we pick. 

tgo   
7 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

Jones is a decent 3-4 End. I'd still take Raekwom Davis if he's there when we pick. 

Well the good thing about Jones is that he could move to nose and plays decently there if we get a better 5 technique. 

Edited by tgo

rns90   
1 hour ago, Downtown said:

Well, we needed one more win to make the playoffs. The WR position really let us down and (sadly) if Matthews were our No. 2, we would have most likely won 2 additional games. So looking at that dumpster fire of a situation, you gotta say WR was the biggest let-down or miscalculation. 

We lost the BUF game because Nick Williams dropped a GW TD.  Win that one and we make the playoffs, I think.