• Safeties
    • Running Backs

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Titans had one of the highest drop rates in the league. We literally lost a game because our fucking practice squad caliber wide receiver who shouldn't have even been on the team let it go right t

It's the OL and it's not even close. The question isn't "which is the worst unit on the team". If that were the question then sure, it's the wideouts. However, in order to call what happened to the re

This puts the onus on Robinson for not doing more at the WR position 

3 minutes ago, ap24786 said:

And the OL being garbage for the first 2/3 of the season along with the running game. But these things are all circular. If you have bad receivers teams will load up the box. If you have poor OL and running game play, receivers will be inhibited. If I had to pick I put most of the blame on the OL though. There were times they were getting beat by 3 man blitzes. Just sad. 

Yeah, but we did only allow the 5th fewest QB hits.  Our sack total should have been nowhere close to where it was.  Wilson and Watson have had to deal with that a lot more often than Mariota has.  I'm sure that the people who drafted him envisioned that his mobility would make for a lot of off-script and extended plays, but the opposite has been true.

15 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

How could anyone say we "were" thin at OLB?  We had two vet starters, drafted Landry, traded for Correa and signed Finch as an UDFA  (also had Aaron Wallace).  Our 1st round pick can also play OLB if needed and did last season some.  So going into the season we had 2 proven starters and a draft pick they expected to become a starter soon.  Depth is always an issue for any team if you want to see talent 4 or 5 levels down. 

Obviously the OL was the biggest issue.

Orapko and Morgan showed signs in 2017 that they could drop off the map and they did.  Given that position provides the pass rush, it was a big issue

15 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I have no idea how WR is not winning this poll. Literally the worst group in the NFL the past two seasons. 

That's where they finished, but that doesn't mean it was the easiest position group to anticipate problems with.

Sharpe came back and Taylor and Davis were supposed to take the next step, and Matthews accepted a deal, leading people to believe he'd be a contributor on par with his past two years.

Only one of those predictions panned out.

Line got better with a combination of Henry running like an NFL running back between the takles coupled with Kelly replacing Conklin which brought the RT production up and in turn probably helped Spain out a ton not having a one legged RT beside him.

23 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

That's where they finished, but that doesn't mean it was the easiest position group to anticipate problems with.

Sharpe came back and Taylor and Davis were supposed to take the next step, and Matthews accepted a deal, leading people to believe he'd be a contributor on par with his past two years.

Only one of those predictions panned out.

They seemed pretty to be ok going into the season but Davis ended up being the only healthy wr all season, Sharpe's ankle had him as a non factor for nearly half the season and Taylor missed almost a month as well.

30 minutes ago, tgo said:

The Titans had one of the highest drop rates in the league. We literally lost a game because our fucking practice squad caliber wide receiver who shouldn't have even been on the team let it go right through his hands. 

The receivers are garbage. 

Yet we were one of the best in terms of drop rate last year, and the production wasn't much different and the passing offense was less efficient.  

People here have completely unrealistic expectations.  We had two legit receivers and a legit pass catching TE.  How many teams have anything other than role players or backup caliber receivers beyond their top 3?  Not many who have a top 3 defense and #7 passing game.  Almost everything that could go wrong for the personnel in our passing game did.

42 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Conversely, look at the OL. Did J-Rob even try to land any relevant OL this off-season? What about during the regular season? All he did was bring in warm bodies in Sua-Filo, Quessenberry, and Pamphile who weren't even good enough to beat out the likes of Ben Jones and Josh Kline. It seems clear to me at least, that J-Rob thought this unit was "fine" and just needed a little depth behind the starters. He mis-calculated. What that unit needed was to replace Jones and Kline and he didn't do near enough to address that. Also, the receivers are certainly under-performing but to be honest they actually got open a good amount this season and caught the ball pretty well as a unit. Think about this;

I think you'll find that he "miscalculates" again this offseason then. 

Because most likely only one guy gets replaced. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think you'll find that he "miscalculates" again this offseason then. 

Because most likely only one guy gets replaced. 

I'd be happy with that if it is an above average to good center.

Just now, Soxcat said:

Can't argue with that but how many teams have 3 and 4 deep WRs that are perfect?  I went thought the list of player with the most drops in the NFL.  Yea, Taylor was on the list with about 50 other guys tied for 19th with 4 dropped passes.  He was our worst guy. 

We don't need 4 good receivers, but do need 3. Right now we only have 1.