More coal plants shut down in Trump’s first two years than in Obama’s entire first term

OILERMAN

https://thinkprogress.org/more-coal-plants-shut-down-in-trumps-first-two-years-than-in-obamas-entire-first-term-e6b72f354330/

• The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) reports that while 15 gigawatts of coal-fired plants were shut down in Obama’s first four years, Trump’s first two years have seen some 20 gigawatts retired (with more than two thirds of those occurring last year).
  •  
  • As a result, U.S. coal use dropped 4 percent in 2018 to a level not seen since 1979, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad watching Soxcat kneel before his Orange god knowing it all ends badly 

The hell you say.   Coal was a campaign issue for the retards.  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Legaltitan said:

Man, it's almost as if coal is an inefficient and outdated way to produce electricity. 

And this shit head is so quick to call Democrats sheep.

9 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Coal is less efficient and outdated.  Natural gas is cleaner (actual pollutants and not just CO2) and cheap.  That was my point.  Add in the bogus shit about global warming and it magnifies the situation.  We still export a bunch of coal.  So mining coal has not dropped (about the same as 1995).  So the "raw data" only tells a minor portion of the whole story.  The insinuation was that coal jobs were in decline (coal production has been consistent since 1990).

Trump promised more coal jobs. I guess he lied then...

14 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

like I said, google it or have a friend who knows how to do it for you.

Maybe between you, Madmax and Oman you can group together enough brain cells to figure it out. 

That didn't translate well from Rusky..  Allow me.   "There are no facts and figures to back up my bullshit, so my only defense is to put the burden of proof on you and hope you just drop the subject so that I don't look even more like a Soxcat."

Hope this helps.

11 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I gave facts and figures.  Coal production is up.  Go back to playing with blocks and your little sister.

What happened to your "Obama is picking winners and losers" slogans? Speaking of coal:

"The Trump administration on Tuesday proposed greenhouse gas emissions rules for power plants that would make it easier for states to keep coal-fired facilities online. The plan would replace the Obama administration approach, which was poised to hasten the steady retirement of coal plants. The revision may help keep some plants open, but the proposal forecasts utilities will continue to retire coal-fired capacity and coal production will continue to decline.

Trump has ordered Energy Secretary Rick Perry to take steps to prevent coal and nuclear power plants from retiring ahead of schedule. Federal regulators already rejected one of Perry's plans to subsidize those plants.

The Energy Department has circulated a separate proposal to force regional power markets to buy more electricity from coal and nuclear plants even if that's not the most affordable option."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/23/trump-says-the-coal-industry-is-back-the-data-say-otherwise.html

2 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Coal is less efficient and outdated.  Natural gas is cleaner (actual pollutants and not just CO2) and cheap.  That was my point.  Add in the bogus shit about global warming and it magnifies the situation.  We still export a bunch of coal.  So mining coal has not dropped (about the same as 1995).  So the "raw data" only tells a minor portion of the whole story.  The insinuation was that coal jobs were in decline (coal production has been consistent since 1990).

https://www.eia.gov/coal/production/quarterly/

So quick search in between meetings... 

Capture.PNG

34 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I gave facts and figures.  Coal production is up.  Go back to playing with blocks and your little sister.

No you didn't, not to the question at large.  You were asked where are all the new coal jobs and the deflection once again took center stage to cover for your bullshit arguing.  Will you ever tire of being a stooge?

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Who are "the morons"?

Oh that is right.  Those who believe that CO2 causes global warming.

So you are right.  Nobody could stop the tide of dumbasses that believe in global warming.  Despite the fact it has been cooling since 1998 and the hottest decade this century was in the 1930s.  Have at it dumbasses.  Yes, morons basically doomed the coal industry.

Lol, if I have to choose between believing fundamentalist pseudo-Christians or NASA on climate change, I think I'll stick with NASA.