More coal plants shut down in Trump’s first two years than in Obama’s entire first term

OILERMAN

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad watching Soxcat kneel before his Orange god knowing it all ends badly 

The hell you say.   Coal was a campaign issue for the retards.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

like I said, google it or have a friend who knows how to do it for you.

Maybe between you, Madmax and Oman you can group together enough brain cells to figure it out. 

I did google it. There’s no Trump wave of new coal industry jobs. 

Either you yourself are unable to use google or you simply don’t have the intellectual honesty to admit you are wrong. 

3 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

You still missed it.

You are thinking of the stages of grief, of which denial and anger are two stages.

Legal, put down the literal juice. And note the joke with the use of “quotation marks.” 

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

https://thinkprogress.org/more-coal-plants-shut-down-in-trumps-first-two-years-than-in-obamas-entire-first-term-e6b72f354330/

• The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) reports that while 15 gigawatts of coal-fired plants were shut down in Obama’s first four years, Trump’s first two years have seen some 20 gigawatts retired (with more than two thirds of those occurring last year).
  •  
  • As a result, U.S. coal use dropped 4 percent in 2018 to a level not seen since 1979, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).

I dont think people realize how much natural gas has been found in the US. We'll be world leaders there whenever we can access it. And the demolishing of coal plants has been happening for a while now because the plants themselves were obsolete. It has nothing to do with politics. Alot of our coal goes to China and Australia. 

11 hours ago, Justafan said:

The point is, Trump didn't save the coal industry.  He never could.  Only the morons ate it up like those jobs were going to come back.  

Im actually back in the coal business. He really has impacted southwest Va and Kentucky. There's also grant money to rehabilitate old  and current mine sites to clean them up and put in parks, ziplines, campgrounds, horseback riding, and atv trails and Im working in part of that rehabilition process. My family has property that still has an open mine portal so we hope to get some of that grant money to put a campground in with ziplines sometime in the future, theres already atv trails.

Alot of the new mining operations taken place now were mined before the 1980s before alot of laws that protected the eco system and environment were put in place. So even though there's more mining in my area since Trump has been elected they are correcting alot of mistakes that were made before the 1980s. The water will be clean and spoil dumped in better areas etc. 

6 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Republicans love to act like it’s 1941. 

Hrm that would explain a lot - some must still think Hitler is going to win and want to get in cosy with him before it's too late.