Sign in to follow this  
DecepticonShawn

Hakeem Butler

Whats the word on this guy? I first heard of him from turron davenport then when i saw some clips i was kind of amazed at his potential. Just saw a mock draft on yt with us taking him in the 2nd. Im admittedly not a cfb watcher like that so is he any good?

Edited by DecepticonShawn

Known for his ability to go up and get the ball in the air, the question marks surrounding him are his speed/agility, he is one of a host of "bigger" WR's in this draft class that will need to prove their athletic traits at the combine.

Omar   

As an ISU season ticket holder I can tell you he is a beast. 6'6, fast and extremely athletic, he can really go up and get the ball. 

Had some trouble with drops, but this kid will be a difference maker with some time in an NFL weight room. Still 50/50 on him coming back to ISU from what I am hearing. I believe he would be at top 15 pick in 2020. 

Edited by Omar

I

1 hour ago, Omar said:

As an ISU season ticket holder I can tell you he is a beast. 6'6, fast and extremely athletic, he can really go up and get the ball. 

Had some trouble with drops, but this kid will be a difference maker with some time in an NFL weight room. Still 50/50 on him coming back to ISU from what I am hearing. I believe he would be at top 15 pick in 2020. 

It's been reported that he will be going into this years draft. He supposedly declared back before their bowl game vs. Washington State.

Per Rotoworld:

Hakeem Butler - WR - Cyclones

The Draft Network's Benjamin Solak reports that Iowa State redshirt junior WR Hakeem Butler will declare for the 2019 NFL Draft.

Butler (6'6/225) will be a fun prospect to watch during the evaluating process, as he's as good a deep threat as there is in the country. For the 2018 campaign (bowl still pending), the redshirt junior has logged a 51-1126-9 receiving line while averaging 22.1 yards per reception -- the second-best mark in the FBS this season. Solak notes that the Iowa State standout "wins downfield with size, catch radius, and strong hands away from his frame" and writes that he should be viewed as a potential Day 2 prospect. While he has been adept at breaking away at the collegiate level, the analyst writes that his long-speed will be worth monitoring during testing this coming spring.
Source: The Draft Network

Omar   

FWIW...he came out immediately and said that report was not true. From people who know him, he thinks ISU has a chance to be a top 15 team next year and wants to be part of that, and increase his stock. 

My uneducated guess is he will prob go pro...