Mularkey Interviews for Atlanta OC Job (Hired as TE coach in ATL)

tgo

15 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I know I've said this so many times, but I'm still shocked we went all season without hearing a peep from him. I'm stunned no one scored an interview with him. Maybe it's because the Titans are a small market team and news execs didn't think anyone would care, but I feel like a coach fired from a team winning a playoff game would make for a really interesting. Perhaps he declined all interview requests?

He must have, lots of other guys have done interviews. Pagano was even on GMFB 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As long as he’s nowhere near the Titans I don’t care where he is.

Whisenhunt had to deal with an absolutely horrific roster, but he didn't adjust at all based on personnel. That's the flaw. 

How come he didn’t stunt Matt Ryan’s growth?

17 hours ago, scine09 said:

As long as he’s nowhere near the Titans I don’t care where he is.

He served a purpose. He got us trending up and changed the culture, which I think that was the whole idea behind hiring him. I remember JR saying something to that effect, that "he may not be the long term answer but he was what we needed right now." 

4 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

He served a purpose. He got us trending up and changed the culture, which I think that was the whole idea behind hiring him. I remember JR saying something to that effect, that "he may not be the long term answer but he was what we needed right now." 

They would have been a lot better off hiring a modern coach going into 2016.

1 hour ago, freakingeek said:

He stunted our franchise QBs growth and instilled poor technique and attempted to create kordell stewart 2.0. 

He was the worst possible thing we could have done for out QB and he may have set the franchise back a decade. 

Any coach coming in could have easily won 9 games those years with the talent JRob brought on board. 

Just now, titanruss said:

He stunted our franchise QBs growth and instilled poor technique and attempted to create kordell stewart 2.0. 

He was the worst possible thing we could have done for out QB and he may have set the franchise back a decade. 

Any coach coming in could have easily won 9 games those years with the talent JRob brought on board. 

2 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Or how come Mariota didn't dramatically improve with the genius of LeFluer?  After all Mularkey was a dinosaur and LeFluer is the flashy young guy.   

It's pretty remarkable how pedestrian Mariota's numbers were this year. Yeesh. 

11 TDs and 8 ints? In 14 games.

37 minutes ago, Thrill said:

He wasn't the HC in ATL.

While he was OC with the Falcons, they were known for their running game.  2nd best in the NFL in his first year.

And Bill Musgrave was Ryan's QB coach.

2 hours ago, tgo said:

It's pretty remarkable how pedestrian Mariota's numbers were this year. Yeesh. 

11 TDs and 8 ints? In 14 games.

I'd be very interested if someone were to map out all the notable points of adversity, starting with The Game That Would Never End. Those numbers are pretty awful, but from the first snap of the season it seemed as if Mariota and the whole team were behind the 8 ball.

Call it excuse making if you want, and all teams deal with adversity, but there seemed to be a bit of uniqueness or something uncanny about it all. And it didn't seem to end until nearly the end, so...

16 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'd be very interested if someone were to map out all the notable points of adversity, starting with The Game That Would Never End. Those numbers are pretty awful, but from the first snap of the season it seemed as if Mariota and the whole team were behind the 8 ball.

Call it excuse making if you want, and all teams deal with adversity, but there seemed to be a bit of uniqueness or something uncanny about it all. And it didn't seem to end until nearly the end, so...

Last year he had 13 TDs and 15 Ints in 15 games. 

Should we "map out all the notable points of adversity" for last year as well?