Mularkey Interviews for Atlanta OC Job (Hired as TE coach in ATL)

tgo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As long as he’s nowhere near the Titans I don’t care where he is.

Whisenhunt had to deal with an absolutely horrific roster, but he didn't adjust at all based on personnel. That's the flaw. 

How come he didn’t stunt Matt Ryan’s growth?

I know I've said this so many times, but I'm still shocked we went all season without hearing a peep from him. I'm stunned no one scored an interview with him. Maybe it's because the Titans are a small market team and news execs didn't think anyone would care, but I feel like a coach fired from a team winning a playoff game would make for a really interesting. Perhaps he declined all interview requests?

1 minute ago, Jonboy said:

I know I've said this so many times, but I'm still shocked we went all season without hearing a peep from him. I'm stunned no one scored an interview with him. Maybe it's because the Titans are a small market team and news execs didn't think anyone would care, but I feel like a coach fired from a team winning a playoff game would make for a really interesting. Perhaps he declined all interview requests?

He interviewed for the Browns OC job that Todd Haley got. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

He interviewed for the Browns OC job that Todd Haley got. 

Sorry I should've clarified by interview. I meant as in a media interview talking about his time with the Titans and how it ended. He never issued any kind of statement after being fired, which is unheard of from almost any fired coach. I remember making a thread and every single other coach who was let go last year had a statement to the fans and/or ownership.

Clearly, he was annoyed with how things ended.

6 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Sorry I should've clarified by interview. I meant as in a media interview talking about his time with the Titans and how it ended. He never issued any kind of statement after being fired, which is unheard of from almost any fired coach. I remember making a thread and every single other coach who was let go last year had a statement to the fans and/or ownership.

Clearly, he was annoyed with how things ended.

My guess is he felt if he came out and said anything negative he would be blacklisted, so better to just not say anything.  It's not like he had a glowing reputation to begin with probably didn't want to make things worse.  Or who knows maybe there was some kind of NDA agreement signed when he left.

49 minutes ago, tgo said:

The stars are aligning in Atlanta!

Mularkey as OC, Robiskie as WR coach, hell bring in Russ Grim as OL coach. 

Jason Michael can join as QB coach or TE coach since he's free from Arizona. 

I remember for an absolute fact back in '14 when we fired Munch & Quinn was one of the candidates it was reported that he wanted Mularkey as his OC, and then it was changed to Shanny. But the Mularkey reports didn't come from nowhere & this validates that. 

7 minutes ago, Face said:

I remember for an absolute fact back in '14 when we fired Munch & Quinn was one of the candidates it was reported that he wanted Mularkey as his OC, and then it was changed to Shanny. But the Mularkey reports didn't come from nowhere & this validates that. 

Really? I never even heard that at the time. Very interesting.