Mariota won't need surgery, expected to fully recover

freakingeek

19 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The picked up the 5th year option last April...

I guess Vrabel was just announcing that MM WOULD be back next year and play 2019 under that option.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mcnair holds the team record for times shot by their girlfriend.

too late.

If he didn’t have a fractured vertebrae I’m going to laugh at a lot of people. Since he didn’t force his way onto the field because of a nerve injury he’s done as our QB and cost himself a massive con

12 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

A contract extension could have definitely been an option if his season went differently. I agree that riding out the 5th year option is currently ideal for TEN. But I believe Mariotas agent would be taking a great chance if he told Mariota to turn down a 4 year extension atm even if its team friendly. Banking on Mariota to have a season worthy of 25+ per and not getting injured is like playing the Powerball. Probably worse odds. 

This is part of your stance I completely agree and disagree with. If he gutted it out through the season (part I agree with), why on Earth couldnt he for the final and most important game of the season?

I believe any other franchise QB plays in that situation. Him getting a nice extension wasn't necessarily dependent on him playing in that finale, but he definitely lost some respect/trust for anyone considering investing in him long term. But he could make 5hem forget come next year. I'm sure we all feel at this point that is a very tall order. 

According to what Mariota told the media on Monday, the updated MRI after he left the Redskins game was different - i.e. worse - than the one after the Indy game where Watkins personally examined him.  Watkins adjusted his recommendation from play with it, it cannot get worse to it could get worse.  Not the same but similar to suffering one concussion or repeatedly getting concussed.  The risk is different.

I think way to much is being made of lack of respect for Mariota's toughness and ability to play in this game.  I think everyone in the locker room knows Mariota played hurt all year. 

I think the trust issue is valid with the HC and front office though as he simply has not been able to stay healthy and that type of thing is a red flag for a position that very much depends on reliability. 

19 minutes ago, Huston said:

In a nutshell and whats sad is that he try's to play with it and gets shit on instead of getting credit for playing hurt. If Gabbert had played for 6 weeks no way are they close to the playoffs.

That is what I have been arguing all year. Yes he gets hurt, yes he has played up and down, yes it sucks. That does not change the fact he was toughing it out all year. He is alot of thing but soft isn't one of them.

35 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

the guy who holds the record for this franchise's highest ever completion percentage?

Mariota has the franchise's highest ever record percentage for throwing short passes.

1 hour ago, Huston said:

In a nutshell and whats sad is that he try's to play with it and gets shit on instead of getting credit for playing hurt. If Gabbert had played for 6 weeks no way are they close to the playoffs.

Nobody cares about playing hurt unless you've really displayed how great you are when you're not. 

He really hasn't shown that.

Mariota has had great games while hurt and bad games.

Mariota has had great games while healthy and bad games.

So you delete the excuses and watch him play.

Edited by big2033

18 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Mariota has the franchise's highest ever record percentage for throwing short passes.

In 2018, Mariota is 6th in the league in Completed Air Yards and 6th in the league in Completion Percentage of all QBs with over 300 attempts.

Thanks for playing.

8 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

In 2018, Mariota is 6th in the league in Completed Air Yards and 6th in the league in Completion Percentage of all QBs with over 300 attempts.

Thanks for playing.

Alex Smith once completed 70% of his passes and has twice completed 67%. 

Ie. Who cares.

I'd be happier with a QB who can by more time and push the ball downfield for TDs then one who can throw catchable balls that go for no YAC.

Of course he's going to break Titans records. Besides McNair from the 90s and early 2000s who is his competition?

Cam Newton has broken Peyton Manning's rookie yardage record lol.

Baker Mayfield has broken Manning's rookie  TD record.

The team needs more yards and TDs.

Edited by big2033

8 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Alex Smith once completed 70% of his passes and has twice completed 67%. 

Ie. Who cares.

I'd be happier with a QB who can by more time and push the ball downfield for TDs then one who can throw catchable balls that go for no YAC.

Alex Smith didn't have the air yards most years.

You guys need to make up your minds what you want to bitch about instead of moving the goalposts with every conversation.

Marcus was mid pack (13th) in Yards:Air Yards Differential, so he wasn't as bad as you seem to 'think' about that either.