Mariota won't need surgery, expected to fully recover

freakingeek

From the Tennessean;

“I saw (Watkins) initially after the Indianapolis game (in Week 11) and he saw through an MRI and imaging after the game with Washington (in Week 16) what I had done, and basically made his recommendation from that," Mariota said. "It led to a point where they felt I was susceptible for a bigger injury. It is what it is. I’m very blessed that it’s not surgically (something) I’ll have to do. It’s just going to take some time.”

“For what it’s worth, you don’t always agree with some of those decisions, and for me, I was not happy with it," Mariota said of the determination for him not to play. “When you have an opportunity to play a game that you love and someone tells you you shouldn’t, that's one of the hardest things an athlete has to go through.”

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/12/31/marcus-mariota-injury-titans-colts/2454824002/

This clears up a lot of the speculation on what exactly went into the decision to not start him in the Colts game. Don't know if this link was included in another thread but I felt it deserved it's own. The nerve injury is expected to fully heal.

Edited by freakingeek

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mcnair holds the team record for times shot by their girlfriend.

too late.

If he didn’t have a fractured vertebrae I’m going to laugh at a lot of people. Since he didn’t force his way onto the field because of a nerve injury he’s done as our QB and cost himself a massive con

17 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

From the Tennessean;

“I saw (Watkins) initially after the Indianapolis game (in Week 11) and he saw through an MRI and imaging after the game with Washington (in Week 16) what I had done, and basically made his recommendation from that," Mariota said. "It led to a point where they felt I was susceptible for a bigger injury. It is what it is. I’m very blessed that it’s not surgically (something) I’ll have to do. It’s just going to take some time.”

“For what it’s worth, you don’t always agree with some of those decisions, and for me, I was not happy with it," Mariota said of the determination for him not to play. “When you have an opportunity to play a game that you love and someone tells you you shouldn’t, that's one of the hardest things an athlete has to go through.”

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/12/31/marcus-mariota-injury-titans-colts/2454824002/

This clears up a lot of the speculation on what exactly went into the decision to not start him in the Colts game. Don't know if this link was included in another thread but I felt it deserved it's own. The nerve injury is expected to fully heal.

If he didn’t have a fractured vertebrae I’m going to laugh at a lot of people. Since he didn’t force his way onto the field because of a nerve injury he’s done as our QB and cost himself a massive contract

5 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If he didn’t have a fractured vertebrae I’m going to laugh at a lot of people. Since he didn’t force his way onto the field because of a nerve injury he’s done as our QB and cost himself a massive contract

If the nerve injury is causing numbness and prevents him from playing at an effective level, what's the difference?  He most assuredly would be done if the injury was aggravated to cause permanent nerve damage.

Mariota's the QB for 2019 in all likelihood and if he plays well and is healthy (two big if's), he can become a long-term solution.  Missing the Indy game based on doctor's advice (from a doctor the team referred him to BTW) has zero effect on this. 

2 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

If the nerve injury is causing numbness and prevents him from playing at an effective level, what's the difference?  He most assuredly would be done if the injury was aggravated to cause permanent nerve damage.

Mariota's the QB for 2019 in all likelihood and if he plays well and is healthy (two big if's), he can become a long-term solution.  Missing the Indy game based on doctor's advice (from a doctor the team referred him to BTW) has zero effect on this. 

Yeah that isn’t how the real world works. It had a huge influence on him getting contract, one he was likely to get this offseason. You people are not living in reality. 

17 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Did Jon Robinson tell you this?

23 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yeah that isn’t how the real world works. It had a huge influence on him getting contract, one he was likely to get this offseason. You people are not living in reality. 

You're not living in reality if you think starting one game gets him a long-term contract.

Tell me, what were the guaranteed stats if Mariota started this game?