Number9   

Every time I call, they got it. But I play online, it’s tighter. Unless the shove is by a really deep player. I back up from bluffing A boards because so many people will play an ace. AX. and A broadway. 

OILERMAN   
36 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Every time I call, they got it.

A while back I played this hand......

I raised with AK one caller, pretty loose player. 

Flop is 10-10-J. We both check, turn is a 9, he bets pretty small, there is a flush and a straight draw at this point. I call. Turn is a J. So the board is J-10-10-9-J. the guy shoves on the river for my remaining 26k or so. I started the hand with around 40k. We were getting pretty deep. 

This was for my tourney, I was all in. 

First of all the guy was trying to look very confident and was staring at me. (strong is weak).... plus the bets made no sense. He bet small on a draw heavy turn. A real hand is making it more to protect his hand. Then the shove on the river was suspicious, a boat is going to bet for value, not shove. His shove looked more like a "go away" bet. Any pair under 9s are counterfeited.....

I deduce he's bluffing or we're both chopping with an A high and call. He mucks and starts saying I can't call there. 

OILERMAN   
6 hours ago, abenjami said:

In a shocking development, the person who got lucky and ended up with the best cards won!

The majority of played hands never go to showdown and the cards are never shown 

Number9   

Pulling out hair!  LOL!! Not really, but I am not sure this is a cooler.  I'm SB, loose passive player is UTG and a basic tight aggressive is the button.  

1-2.  Effective stack is the tag.  

UTG open 6

BUT call

SB   calls with 99.

Flop 9s, 4s, 3c

Skipping some details, I check, LP bets, call, call.  Turn is a killer, another 3d, I check LP bets 3/4 pot, call.  Ok, I have the nutz.  I could shove and take a nice pot, but looks like I can stack two players.  It's a gamblers game--I call.  River is an A.  LP shoves, But shoves and I call.  The LP has pocket aces.>(

OILERMAN   
3 hours ago, Number9 said:

Pulling out hair!  LOL!! Not really, but I am not sure this is a cooler.  I'm SB, loose passive player is UTG and a basic tight aggressive is the button.  

1-2.  Effective stack is the tag.  

UTG open 6

BUT call

SB   calls with 99.

Flop 9s, 4s, 3c

Skipping some details, I check, LP bets, call, call.  Turn is a killer, another 3d, I check LP bets 3/4 pot, call.  Ok, I have the nutz.  I could shove and take a nice pot, but looks like I can stack two players.  It's a gamblers game--I call.  River is an A.  LP shoves, But shoves and I call.  The LP has pocket aces.>(

Just a cooler, nothing you can do. 2 outer on the river

abenjami   
8 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Just a cooler, nothing you can do. 2 outer on the river

4 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Don’t tell Benji that! 

He could get better cards next time!

OILERMAN   
4 hours ago, TheBukafax said:

You not play much? That’s pretty much BE if you played a ton.

I only played in 9 tournaments this year because I worked so much OT. Cashed in 3

I plan on playing a lot more this year

OILERMAN   

I cashed in a bounty tournament this past Fri.

48 players, got 3rd for 571.00. I mini cashed in two others for less money. 

I plan on playing in some bigger main events this year

Number9   
2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I cashed in a bounty tournament this past Fri.

48 players, got 3rd for 571.00. I mini cashed in two others for less money. 

I plan on playing in some bigger main events this year

I have a divided mind.  I am torn between being a cash player(winner) and a tournament player(winner).  The winnings are small.  Time is the killer.  I shot two blanks at a tournament a few weeks ago, $760.  I won more playing cash.  The tournaments for me are the glory.  I'm going to play the WSOP.  I'll play the MM, if I win big, I will play the main.  The thing with tournament is the long droughts and if truth be told, you have to run good to win a big one.

I mentioned before playing six hours at a table with two top pros, one a WSOP winner and also Player of the Year winner.  The three of us started the day with around 60K. After six hours, I had 90K.  I don't know how many players sat at the table, all I thought were much better than me.  These two wiped them out one after another.  When they broke the table up, I had 90K Matt Afleck had about 260K and Joe Cada had over 500K.  Joe kept winning and he still got action.  He didn't get mine, but these guys played at him with what seemed like nothing sometimes.  Matt had to work, but he was attacking every pot almost.  Here's where the skill comes in because the deck doesn't know anybody.

It's about getting value out of your cards.  I don't know how to do it like the pros.  Somehow, they understand how much you'll pay to see another card.  I am working on it, but if there's a flush draw on the board I am charging you big to put a beat on me.  I am learning more now to range players and size my bets to their hands.  Bet the turn giving them enough incentive to call off their stack on the river because they are priced in.  Attack the weak players, me.  I play online with a HUD so they are easy to spot.  It's tougher live for me because I got a big mouth.  

If you can run everybody but your target out of the pot, then your skill is way past his.  You can bluff him off marginal holdings and stack him when he has a donkey straight.  I was playing in this tournament and a guy was jumping in pots.  It was early and he was taking down a few.  I isolated him and he made his big air bet.  I had a big pair, so I raised.  He said I guess I have to call.  I thought, oh shit s.o.b. got a hand.  I tabled top pair and he didn't show.  I don't think he had anything.  But it was still a mistake because early on these guys don't understand when to fold.  He lost 25 bb.

It's a grind.  You can get knocked out any hand and your tournament is over.  The winner got 100 times the buy in, so there's also that.

OILERMAN   
16 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I have a divided mind.  I am torn between being a cash player(winner) and a tournament player(winner).

You have to play cash if you're going to be a consistent long term winning player. Tournaments have too much variance. 

The smartest pro players play cash and take shots in tournaments. 

I only play as a hobby but I do well enough in the small to mid buy ins to take shots in the bigger ones. 

Number9   
43 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

You have to play cash if you're going to be a consistent long term winning player. Tournaments have too much variance. 

The smartest pro players play cash and take shots in tournaments. 

I only play as a hobby but I do well enough in the small to mid buy ins to take shots in the bigger ones. 

That’s pretty much what I do. But the WSOP is so tempting. I’m practicing for it now.