FA WR targets - Who do you have an eye on?

kyle021

WRs don't grow hands after time in the NFL. That's one of those inherent traits that, while certainly can be improved, is obvious on day 1.

TTaylor struggles to make catches on deep routes and while running full speed. I don't see that magically changing. Just watch him play -- even on his catches, he looks lost at times and awkward adjusting to the ball. I don't see many sure handed grabs from him. 

They clearly prefer him outside, but he may be miscast there. He might need to be closer, or moving slower, to catch balls and then use his quickness after.

Edited by cenj

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tyrell Williams

Robby Anderson. He's produced with shaky QBs...should fit right in here. 

They don’t really need veteran OLB depth though, they need starters. 

46 minutes ago, cenj said:

WRs don't grow hands after time in the NFL. That's one of those inherent traits that, while certainly can be improved, is obvious on day 1.

Jerry Rice dropped a ton of passes early in his career, he was booed as a rookie for dropping so many 

16 hours ago, nine said:

56 minutes ago, cenj said:

TTaylor struggles to make catches on deep routes and while running full speed. I don't see that magically changing. Just watch him play -- even on his catches, he looks lost at times and awkward adjusting to the ball. I don't see many sure handed grabs from him. 

They clearly prefer him outside, but he may be miscast there. He might need to be closer, or moving slower, to catch balls and then use his quickness after.

That is false.  Davante Adams couldn't catch a cold during his second year.

12 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Jerry Rice dropped a ton of passes early in his career, he was booed as a rookie for dropping so many 

Rice also admitted later to using stickum (which most NFL people have chosen to ignore).

On an interesting side note, his rookie year he tried to wear gloves because his teammates were (the gloves in the 80s were not like the adhesive types now). He eventually went back to catching with his hands, and things got better soon after. 

Not everyone buys into this but Taylor has 9 1/4" hands, small for a WR even a smaller one of his stature.  Now, this isn't universally true by any means but it does mean something.  Personally, I think he's never really much more than he is right now.  

4 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Not everyone buys into this but Taylor has 9 1/4" hands, small for a WR even a smaller one of his stature.  Now, this isn't universally true by any means but it does mean something.  Personally, I think he's never really much more than he is right now.  

Say what?  Those are bigger than Davis...

I guess someone should tell Antonio Brown that his hands are too small to be an NFL receiver.

Edited by abc2330

Just now, abc2330 said:

Say what?  Those are bigger than Davis...

That's true.  You can always find big-time guys with smaller hands like Antonio Brown for instance.  No draft rule is universally true.  It's just something that stuck out to me.  Davis has already proven he can be more.  Taylor really hasn't.  

25 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Yea another example while not as prolific is Nelson Agholor. He came in the league dropping everything. Took him til last year to really flourish and help in that eagles offense. The cool thing is for him last year was his third year just like next year will be taywans. Give the kid another year or two before you give up on him.

16 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Lol same size hands as agholor. Give him some time bro.

41 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Lol same size hands as agholor. Give him some time bro.

That's very naive.  It's not a damning fact, obviously, but to pretend like it means nothing is just as silly the other way.

Maybe, maybe not. Everybody says corey is our only good receiver but hes had his drop issues this year too and he has smaller hands then taywan so take it how you want it. All im saying is dont give up on taywan yet. Ive seen people going to extremes saying we need to move on from him.