Jump to content
OILERMAN

QB target: Tyrod Taylor

Recommended Posts

tgo   
27 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Kuharsky said on his most recent podcast he didn’t expect Gabbert back fyi 

Really? He point blank said that?

 

That'd be a pleasant surprise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OILERMAN   
22 minutes ago, tgo said:

Really? He point blank said that?

 

That'd be a pleasant surprise. 

Yes pretty blatantly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nine   

Gabbert has experience and a strong arm and he looks the part...but that’s about all that can said for him.  

 

 He can come in as a reliever, make 10-15 throws and finish out a game if needed...but having him start a game and throw it 20+ times is a recipe for disaster.  

 

With Mariota’s history, the Titans need a backup who can start 2-4 games per year....and Gabbert ain’t the guy.    Taylor would be a much better option, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   

Maybe we'll draft one, allow Marcus to be a bridge, and let him walk and get a big comp pick.  Paying a starter + solid backup is a big investment which will put us around or at elite QB money for a cap hit which isn't even close to worth it.

Edited by abc2330

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   

After some thought, I think our backup should be a contrast to Mariota. Someone more aggressive. Maybe a Fitzpatrick.

 

In order to see if a more aggressive passer is needed longterm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
33 minutes ago, big2033 said:

After some thought, I think our backup should be a contrast to Mariota. Someone more aggressive. Maybe a Fitzpatrick.

 

In order to see if a more aggressive passer is needed longterm.

Fitzpatrick doesn't really play within schemes, that's kind of the problem. 

 

I could see him audibling out of run plays and really fucking the team over with turnovers. 

 

I don't see Vrabel going that direction, but I wouldn't rule it out either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go after Keenum, Bridgewater, Taylor... all the guys who are backups that people squint at and try to see starters.

 

Yeah, they probably aren’t but it’s worth the investment. That’s just the point we’re at with Mariota imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
6 hours ago, tgo said:

Fitzpatrick doesn't really play within schemes, that's kind of the problem. 

 

I could see him audibling out of run plays and really fucking the team over with turnovers. 

 

I don't see Vrabel going that direction, but I wouldn't rule it out either. 

In terms of Vrabel going in that direction, you could be right.

 

In terms of fucking the team over with turnovers ... who cares.

 

If one side of our coin is overly cautions it might help to have someone on the team that's on the other side of the spectrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
4 minutes ago, big2033 said:

In terms of Vrabel going in that direction, you could be right.

 

In terms of fucking the team over with turnovers ... who cares.

 

If one side of our coin is overly cautions it might help to have someone on the team that's on the other side of the spectrum.

How about we get someone more in the middle of the spectrum? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
big2033   
4 minutes ago, tgo said:

How about we get someone more in the middle of the spectrum? 

That's a starter-level QB you're talking about. I don't think that exists in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
14 minutes ago, big2033 said:

That's a starter-level QB you're talking about. I don't think that exists in FA.

Well I just mean in terms of turnover machine vs. Chad Pennington. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, big2033 said:

After some thought, I think our backup should be a contrast to Mariota. Someone more aggressive. Maybe a Fitzpatrick.

 

In order to see if a more aggressive passer is needed longterm.

Fitz has crossed my mind more than once (actually every time I think about it).  Not so much because he such a contrast from Mary (he is), but I feel he always give you a chance when he comes off the bench.  Yeah, you might get "Turnover Fitz", but out of all the back-ups that won't demand crazy $$$ I'd be happy to bring him back.  Plus, he's super smart, been around and seen all sorts of offensives, and I'm sure he'd have some tips for Mary.  That all would also be a positive for a first time OC.  The guy could mentor half the Offense and add some veteran savvy to a young OC.  

 

....Or he could totally go rogue gunslinger and dig a huge whole (I think our HC would check him real quick and lock that down).  So, I do see @tgo's point, but I still think he's a viable option.

 

If nothing else he's viable for a one year deal that could provide some very entertaining ball while we see if Mary earns his next contract. Sure he could provide long painful alcohol nights just as well, but  still better than our current back situation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dinx81   

If Gabbert really isn’t coming back next season ik expecting a round 2-3 QB. Ithink the asking price for some of these guys even as a backup will be too much for JRob to throw down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...