QB target: Tyrod Taylor

OILERMAN

1 hour ago, reo said:

Same issue with drafting Mett. You don't draft a QB in the mid rounds if you might be drafting a QB in the first the next year.

I get it but Mett was a 6th round QB. If we get one this year (assuming he pans out) we dont have to waste a first rounder next year plus whatever it takes to move up to get the one we want. I just dont know if we can get a solid backup to sign here for as cheap as we want. 

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I'm the Titans I'd go after Tyrod Taylor to back and even challenge/push Mariota.   I actually think they are pretty close to the same guy. Taylor is also the type of back-up that can com

If Taylor threatens MM then MM's not the answer anyway

This is your problem. you are projecting your feelings onto jrob and vrabel while ignoring whats right in front of you. The team has been upfront about Mariota needing rest not surgery to get healthy

13 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

I get it but Mett was a 6th round QB. If we get one this year (assuming he pans out) we dont have to waste a first rounder next year plus whatever it takes to move up to get the one we want. I just dont know if we can get a solid backup to sign here for as cheap as we want. 

He won't get a chance to show if he'll pan out before we're looking to draft another QB. Worst case we'd roll into next year with an unproven 2nd round QB looking to draft a QB in the first. In which case we wanted a pick on someone who never got a real chance to prove himself. 

Locker got hurt. Mett actually got a shot with a HC that actually liked him.... and we still drafted MM. And that's almost best case.

Edited by reo