QB target: Tyrod Taylor

OILERMAN

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I'm the Titans I'd go after Tyrod Taylor to back and even challenge/push Mariota.   I actually think they are pretty close to the same guy. Taylor is also the type of back-up that can com

If Taylor threatens MM then MM's not the answer anyway

This is your problem. you are projecting your feelings onto jrob and vrabel while ignoring whats right in front of you. The team has been upfront about Mariota needing rest not surgery to get healthy

Maybe we'll draft one, allow Marcus to be a bridge, and let him walk and get a big comp pick.  Paying a starter + solid backup is a big investment which will put us around or at elite QB money for a cap hit which isn't even close to worth it.

Edited by abc2330

33 minutes ago, big2033 said:

After some thought, I think our backup should be a contrast to Mariota. Someone more aggressive. Maybe a Fitzpatrick.

In order to see if a more aggressive passer is needed longterm.

Fitzpatrick doesn't really play within schemes, that's kind of the problem. 

I could see him audibling out of run plays and really fucking the team over with turnovers. 

I don't see Vrabel going that direction, but I wouldn't rule it out either. 

I would go after Keenum, Bridgewater, Taylor... all the guys who are backups that people squint at and try to see starters.

Yeah, they probably aren’t but it’s worth the investment. That’s just the point we’re at with Mariota imo

6 hours ago, tgo said:

Fitzpatrick doesn't really play within schemes, that's kind of the problem. 

I could see him audibling out of run plays and really fucking the team over with turnovers. 

I don't see Vrabel going that direction, but I wouldn't rule it out either. 

In terms of Vrabel going in that direction, you could be right.

In terms of fucking the team over with turnovers ... who cares.

If one side of our coin is overly cautions it might help to have someone on the team that's on the other side of the spectrum.

4 minutes ago, big2033 said:

In terms of Vrabel going in that direction, you could be right.

In terms of fucking the team over with turnovers ... who cares.

If one side of our coin is overly cautions it might help to have someone on the team that's on the other side of the spectrum.

How about we get someone more in the middle of the spectrum? 

14 minutes ago, big2033 said:

That's a starter-level QB you're talking about. I don't think that exists in FA.

Well I just mean in terms of turnover machine vs. Chad Pennington. 

Edited by tgo

7 hours ago, big2033 said:

After some thought, I think our backup should be a contrast to Mariota. Someone more aggressive. Maybe a Fitzpatrick.

In order to see if a more aggressive passer is needed longterm.

Fitz has crossed my mind more than once (actually every time I think about it).  Not so much because he such a contrast from Mary (he is), but I feel he always give you a chance when he comes off the bench.  Yeah, you might get "Turnover Fitz", but out of all the back-ups that won't demand crazy $$$ I'd be happy to bring him back.  Plus, he's super smart, been around and seen all sorts of offensives, and I'm sure he'd have some tips for Mary.  That all would also be a positive for a first time OC.  The guy could mentor half the Offense and add some veteran savvy to a young OC.  

....Or he could totally go rogue gunslinger and dig a huge whole (I think our HC would check him real quick and lock that down).  So, I do see @tgo's point, but I still think he's a viable option.

If nothing else he's viable for a one year deal that could provide some very entertaining ball while we see if Mary earns his next contract. Sure he could provide long painful alcohol nights just as well, but  still better than our current back situation.

17 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

If Gabbert really isn’t coming back next season ik expecting a round 2-3 QB. Ithink the asking price for some of these guys even as a backup will be too much for JRob to throw down. 

Same issue with drafting Mett. You don't draft a QB in the mid rounds if you might be drafting a QB in the first the next year.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I wouldn't waste a draft pick on any of these mid round QB's.

You only draft a QB in the mid rounds if you've got a solid starter and want to develop someone.