QB target: Tyrod Taylor

OILERMAN

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I'm the Titans I'd go after Tyrod Taylor to back and even challenge/push Mariota.   I actually think they are pretty close to the same guy. Taylor is also the type of back-up that can com

If Taylor threatens MM then MM's not the answer anyway

This is your problem. you are projecting your feelings onto jrob and vrabel while ignoring whats right in front of you. The team has been upfront about Mariota needing rest not surgery to get healthy

Just now, Huston said:

Taylor is an upgrade but if they really want to push Marcus then I would bring in Bridgewater, he  has more upside and can actually pass from the pocket with more consistency.

No idea why Bridgewater is so loved?  He's nothing more than a game manager, that needs a great defense around him.  People bitch about Mariota TD's, Teddy has never thrown more than 14 in a season.

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Tyrod is better than Bridgewater

Probably Ive just seen him fail to much when trying to bring his team back when having to pass to do it, Bridgewater has only really played 2 seasons all together I think.

Edited by Huston

17 minutes ago, SoylentGreen said:

I keep seeing Ruben Foster on the Redskins' roster after everybody trashed him.  Looks like the charges against him were dropped.  Sure wish we had taken a look.

Yeah no. He did it. He is probably running out of money from having to pay this girl off so many times now.

8 hours ago, Huston said:

Taylor is an upgrade but if they really want to push Marcus then I would bring in Bridgewater, he has more upside and can actually pass from the pocket with more consistency.

Why would they want to push MM? They're almost to decision moment on him. Either they think he's he guy and they want a good backup and/or a developmental guy behind him or they're moving on soon in which case they draft one high. 

QB isnt necessarily like other positions. You don't want the unknowns of a competition. You want to give your guy confidence or move on, unless he's a developmental project.

Edited by reo

20 hours ago, Tomachek said:

No idea why Bridgewater is so loved?  He's nothing more than a game manager, that needs a great defense around him.  People bitch about Mariota TD's, Teddy has never thrown more than 14 in a season.

A quality game manager makes for a very good backup QB. No one is jumping in wanting to sign Bridgewater as a starter. 

Ok, maybe @Jonboy...

On 1/1/2019 at 4:16 PM, OILERMAN said:

If I'm the Titans I'd go after Tyrod Taylor to back and even challenge/push Mariota.

I actually think they are pretty close to the same guy. Taylor is also the type of back-up that can come in and run the same type of stuff Mariota runs as far as RPOs and QB deigned runs. In fact I think he's a better runner and maybe close to equal in regards to passing. 

If the plan is to run the ball, play defense and run the QB and use playaction he's the perfect match.

He took the Bills to the playoffs going 9-7 with a very similar type season as MM. 2800 yards, 14 passing TDs and 427 rushing yards and 4 TDs. He's even safer protecting the ball. 

I'd sign him to a two year deal as insurance in case MM has another mediocre season then you could let MM go and roll with Taylor worst case while the elusive search for a QB continues. 

If MM makes the jump then you have upgraded Gabbert imo 

Pretty astute observation.  Pretty much spot on.  Taylor is the check down charlie of check down Charlie's.  With that, he has better instincts and probably even better to actually throw.  He'd be an immediate upgrade over Mariota.  Isn't gonna pass you back into a game, but obviously never has Mariota.  Very good comparison. 

2 minutes ago, Crayola said:

Pretty astute observation.  Pretty much spot on.  Taylor is the check down charlie of check down Charlie's.  With that, he has better instincts and probably even better to actually throw.  He'd be an immediate upgrade over Mariota.  Isn't gonna pass you back into a game, but obviously never has Mariota.  Very good comparison. 

You clearly haven't seen Mariota's numbers in situations that he trails by double digits.

He's made a career of passing the Titans back into games and it's probably been his biggest plus thus far in his career.

Just now, scine09 said:

You clearly haven't seen Mariota's numbers in situations that he trails by double digits.

He's made a career of passing the Titans back into games and it's probably been his biggest plus thus far in his career.

Don't need numbers.  Eyeball test is more reliable. 

Just now, Crayola said:

Don't need numbers.  Eyeball test is more reliable. 

More like the "I'm bitter because the QB that I touted on this website was ineffective, can't even get an invite to training camp and is out of the league, so I am going to do everything I can to badmouth the guy who replaced him to make myself feel better" test.

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Taylor’s splits while trailing are good too btw

Not on Mariota's level.  Mariota's brought his team back from double digit deficits to take a lead I believe 13 times, most of which on his arm.