Mayfield was always going to take over last season 

We don't have Baker Mayfield

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I'm the Titans I'd go after Tyrod Taylor to back and even challenge/push Mariota.   I actually think they are pretty close to the same guy. Taylor is also the type of back-up that can com

If Taylor threatens MM then MM's not the answer anyway

This is your problem. you are projecting your feelings onto jrob and vrabel while ignoring whats right in front of you. The team has been upfront about Mariota needing rest not surgery to get healthy

Just now, tgo said:

Will not happen. They’ll be going somewhere to start.

Yes my point Mariota is not my Qb. I’ve given up on him for good. I do not see him becoming anything more than a Alex Smith.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yes my point Mariota is not my Qb. I’ve given up on him for good. I do not see him becoming anything more than a Alex Smith.

Oh I support him as the starter next year but he won’t be as good as Alex Smith most likely. 

Smith is his ceiling.

Edited by tgo

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah just made a brief mention that we should go after him in one of the threads yesterday. 

I actually mentioned him last season when they were looking for a back-up but it makes even more sense a year further a long. 

I think Taylor is the perfect back-up QB and I also think he's closer to MM than some people would want to admit. 

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I actually mentioned him last season when they were looking for a back-up but it makes even more sense a year further a long. 

I think Taylor is the perfect back-up QB and I also think he's closer to MM than some people would want to admit. 

Lots of ppl wanted him as a backup last year. 

A lot of ppl were happy with Gabbert when he signed. 

We we need a QB with MM style of play so yes Taylor fits. 

i would prefer draft Stidham

1 minute ago, Blackjack said:

For the Flacco/Foles crowd.... only way that happens if it Mariota gets released.   Those two will command a starter salary.  No way you can pay Mariota 20 mil while also paying Foles pretty much the same....and some team out there will over pay for Flacco.

Neither of those guys are realistic options and I wouldn't want either of them 

55 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If I'm the Titans I'd go after Tyrod Taylor to back and even challenge/push Mariota.

I actually think they are pretty close to the same guy. Taylor is also the type of back-up that can come in and run the same type of stuff Mariota runs as far as RPOs and QB deigned runs. In fact I think he's a better runner and maybe close to equal in regards to passing. 

If the plan is to run the ball, play defense and run the QB and use playaction he's the perfect match.

He took the Bills to the playoffs going 9-7 with a very similar type season as MM. 2800 yards, 14 passing TDs and 427 rushing yards and 4 TDs. He's even safer protecting the ball. 

I'd sign him to a two year deal as insurance in case MM has another mediocre season then you could let MM go and roll with Taylor worst case while the elusive search for a QB continues. 

If MM makes the jump then you have upgraded Gabbert imo 

Great idea.

JRob should unload Gabbert and upgrade with Taylor. But knowing the Titans they will use the excuse that Gabbert will be better in year 2 which is bullshit.

Love the Taylor idea because you are right they are a lot alike.

With our defense we wouldn't miss a beat with Taylor QB'ing if Mariota was out.

Edited by MIKE75

I agree.

I wanted him last year but figured it would be seem like too much of a "QB controversy" stirring move and that he wanted more of a chance to start anyway. He might still try to sign somewhere he gets more of an honest chance to compete for QB1 snaps, but I think if you can bring him in you do it in a heart beat.

Try to get Bridgewater if possible since he's actually been a game manager of a playoff team too, and a more successful playoff team at that. But i'm assuming he'll have better opportunities and more money elsewhere.

I definitely agree Taylor is pretty damn similar to Mariota. In fact check this out... ?

kBtinpd.png